ENGLAND VS GERMANY - Official Matchday Thread

I don't know the German players as much as I should do, but they pretty much have the same team as us. 3-4-3 obviously but two defensively minded centre midfielders with wing backs who would play as full backs if their teams played a 4 at the back.

So expecting a really turgid match

I genuinely think we're marginally better than the Germans at this moment in time. I also don't think that team will beat them.

It may seem a risk-averse selection but Gareth will get slaughtered if this does go wrong. It would be hard to argue when the likes of Sancho, TAA have barely had a look in at this tournament.

Guest OwlPastie

After 2 quiet matches, Grealish finally got Kane into the game last time out. Dropping him is ridiculous, especially to bring in Trippier. That sort of change will be a huge boost for Germany, it shows we are scared. 

3 minutes ago, OwlPastie said:

After 2 quiet matches, Grealish finally got Kane into the game last time out. Dropping him is ridiculous, especially to bring in Trippier. That sort of change will be a huge boost for Germany, it shows we are scared. 

Absolutely this