ENGLAND VS GERMANY - Official Matchday Thread

Guest LondonOwl313
11 minutes ago, darra said:

Its not that big a game in Germany or at least it didn't used to be. Its a bit like like when the media try and build up certaain Premiership derbies that one teams fans arent that bothered about. 

England should win. Germany have not recovered from winning the World Cup when a lot of the team retired from international football and Lowe has lost the plot a bit. They are not the side they used to be not even close.

Is that why he keeps sniffing his balls?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14284022/joachim-low-scratch-sniff-gross-ronaldo-euros/

35 minutes ago, jacko1992 said:

Safety-first-Southgate, get ready for an absolute snoozefest 

Thought that's what happens during his pre game talk. A Henry V jobbie it is not!

Not confident really but trying not to be too pessimistic about it all. Unfortunately I've been worn down by England in tournaments over the years. Germany know they only need a draw after 90 minutes to beat us, cos as soon as extra time and penalties loom we'll gift it to em. Doesn't matter that the players weren't even born when Germany did us, its like it's built in to our psyche to fail against em. Idiots like me in the Internet posting crap like that coupled with the media doing the same make it a self fulfilling prophecy. 

• Like 1

2 nil to the Germans tonight 

And then the end of for Southgate 

Yesterday was brilliant 

Massive underdogs going for it against the big dogs and leaving it on the pitch 

Southgate plays not to lose instead of going for the win 

He ain't got the bottle to go for it 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

2 nil to the Germans tonight 

And then the end of for Southgate 

Yesterday was brilliant 

Massive underdogs going for it against the big dogs and leaving it on the pitch 

Southgate plays not to lose instead of going for the win 

He ain't got the bottle to go for it 

Southgate is going nowhere irrespective of tonight's result.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57618624

• Haha 2

Unless we've improved our ability to go round players, play one touch football, give and go, find passes that open up a defence, have tne necessary skills and comfort and confidence on the ball ...by light years in a couple of days then we're fooooooked. Probably in a dour boring way but none the less fooooked. 0-2 Germany. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

Unless we've improved our ability to go round players, play one touch football, give and go, find passes that open up a defence, have tne necessary skills and comfort and confidence on the ball ...by light years in a couple of days then we're fooooooked. Probably in a dour boring way but none the less fooooked. 0-2 Germany. 

That's very negative.

I've had a £10 on Germany to win @ 2 to 1.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Southgate is going nowhere irrespective of tonight's result.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57618624

And that’s the FA all over. All about the image rather than the product.

Going for another shuffle of the full-back pack with Trippier coming in for Shaw.

Henderson’s a cert to start. I think he’ll come in for Philips.

I’d like to see Saka keep his place but I suspect he’ll bring back Foden even though I don’t think being a part of the front 3 is his best position.

I think we’ll edge it 1-0 with Sterling being the hero again.

6 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Those two games yesterday were unbelievable. I’m not expecting anything like that today. 

I hope Germany don’t score first as I don’t think we’d have the game plan to cope with that.

I am however going for a 2-1 win to us in extra time. Come on England.

Just like DC, Southgate doesn't have a plan B.

Kick off approaches, and I'm starting to get more optimistic, but my brain tells me we will spend 60 mins watching the centre backs pass the ball sideways.

lol