Matt could leave and we wouldn't get a Penney for him

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

@YesWeCrann - If you want to hire me as your headline writer let me know, I'm rather proud of this effort

Or maybe you Crann do better

Find out in next weeks Sheffield Star - at all good newsagents now.

17 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Wasn't expecting compensation

Maybe you weren't, but whoever is in charge if managing contracts at the club must have known that just by offering him a contract before the first weekend in May, we'd have been due some much needed compo when he signed for another club. Even if we'd have offered much reduced terms, we'd have been better off.

So slack from the club and i don't think this could be DC's fault either, i'm sure someone else must be the one to look at the finer details of contracts. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think if we offered him a new contract. We were probably worried he might accept it.

Suppose we could have just offered him a fiver a week to make sure we had compensation couldn't we.

lol

We had to offer him at least the same terms as his previous contract in order to qualify for compensation. 

5 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Maybe you weren't, but whoever is in charge if managing contracts at the club must have known that just by offering him a contract before the first weekend in May, we'd have been due some much needed compo when he signed for another club. Even if we'd have offered much reduced terms, we'd have been better off.

So slack from the club and i don't think this could be DC's fault either, i'm sure someone else must be the one to look at the finer details of contracts. 

Not so. 

If you read the article linked in the OP it clearly states that we would have had to offer him at least the same terms as his last contract in order to be due any compensation if he turned down a new contract. 

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Wasn't expecting compensation

I was , £400,000. Value on Transfer market.com.

Given how well club managed and recent player profits 

55 minutes ago, 0742 said:

His history of his time at the club ie the loans the different coaches he worked under who failed whether right or wrong didn't trust him with enough game showed we didn't think he was up to it so why should we expect £400.000 in compensation

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Or maybe you Crann do better

Find out in next weeks Sheffield Star - at all good newsagents now.

don't think anyone buys the Star any more. As I understand its down to about 7500 sales across the region. The Donny Star was cut as it was down to 250 copies a day.

Clickbait sh1e tapped out by a team of monkeys.

• Like 1