Unpopular football opinions you have?

Guest OwlPastie

12 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Neymar is a dreadful footballer and is nowhere near elite.

Bonkers opinion!! I suggest you watch Neymar closely. I know the diving and play acting can skew peoples opinion, but honestly the dude is one of the most talented and gifted footballers in the last 20 years 

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Bonkers opinion!! I suggest you watch Neymar closely. I know the diving and play acting can skew peoples opinion, but honestly the dude is one of the most talented and gifted footballers in the last 20 years 

I think the part for me is that the diving etc is exactly why he isn't elite. Could be so much more effective if he stayed on his feet and tried to influence a game properly.

I'm glad I'm on the money with it being unpopular at least.

garymegson

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

I think the part for me is that the diving etc is exactly why he isn't elite. Could be so much more effective if he stayed on his feet and tried to influence a game properly.

I'm glad I'm on the money with it being unpopular at least.

garymegson

Trust me I used to think the same. I borderline hated him at one point 😂 but I’d only been made aware of his bad antics, and hadn’t really watched the footballer in detail. He’s unbelievable 

• Like 1

Guest OwlPastie
3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I don't like Neymar because of his antics but he's an incredible talent. There hasn't been a single footballer since Ronaldinho who is also an entertainer on the pitch. It may be arrogant at times, but if you can leave a player for dead, whilst humiliating him at the same time then do it. We don't see enough of that in the modern game. 

I have a technical one.

Hitting a spinning ball first time when played square. Goes anywhere and normally results in a pea roller type shot.Take a touch, give yourself space then bang it. 

Drives me potty when I see it.

Edited by Maddogbob

17 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Eric Cantona was a good player. But not this sensation he has been built up to be. 

Think it is as much down to his influence on being a big part of Man Ure becoming perennial winners and his mercurial talent in many respects.

I don't recall seeing him run games from start to finish consistently but you can't argue with his record in this country. Won the league with 2 clubs, won the double twice and the only season he didn't win the league in England was the one in which he got a lengthy ban - Man Utd won nothing that season which simply didn't happen around that time. 

On 28/06/2021 at 11:29, thewookieisdown said:

But basketball is way smaller at professional level here than in Spain, Germany. I know indirectly a kind who plays for Sheffield. His ambition is to get signed by a Spanish or German club.

Wage levels in UK basketball have crashed these past two decades as the sporting culture has become far more dominated by football.

My brother is a basketball coach who managed at Olympic Games and at Europe an Championship that just finished. 

It is insane that Croatia, now with less than 4 million people, poor infrastrukture and no funding at all can have such a legacy in football, basketball, handball, waterpolo and eve tenis. 

But how we develop young talent is so much different than how it is done and England. 

Guess it is why I take so much interest in Wednesday's youth sides. I know it can improve so much with such a little investment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

harry kane and jack grealish are over rated, they only look so good because they play for bang average teams.

What the? 

How does Kane look so good cos he scores 20-30 a season in a 5th place team. 

He's going to smash shearers record which is mental

4 hours ago, Howards back said:

What? Like maradona ?

Maradonna regularly got the living shiit kicked out of him and attempted to stay on his feet.

This little waanker screams and rolls on the floor when someone enters the same postcode as him.

He’s a disgrace to football.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Big Malc said:

Maradonna regularly got the living shiit kicked out of him and attempted to stay on his feet.

This little waanker screams and rolls on the floor when someone enters the same postcode as him.

He’s a disgrace to football.

No one is close to Maradona. Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, CR7, or Messi.

Messi said himself that even if he played for a million years he wouldn’t be on Maradona’s level