Second favourite sport?

Guest OwlPastie

Guest OwlPastie

After football, what is everyone's second favorite sport? 

For me, it was always F1 but over the last few years I really lost interest. However, until the ODI World Cup I found cricket boring and pointless, but now can't get enough of it. T20 especially is a great. Its nice to see England actually being good at a sport! 

Hmmm there’s golf, and other sports I enjoy but I wouldn’t say I have a keen interest in them, such as cricket, NBA, baseball - all watchable but that’s about as far as it goes 

It really is all football for me 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

NHL for me - the only other sport where I’ve traveled specifically to see a game (Pittsburgh, twice) - and I like cricket too.

When I was younger I was a huge tennis fan but I’m not as bothered these days. Enjoy going to Wimbledon when the opportunity arises, but it hasn’t done for several years now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OwlPastie said:

After football, what is everyone's second favorite sport? 

For me, it was always F1 but over the last few years I really lost interest. However, until the ODI World Cup I found cricket boring and pointless, but now can't get enough of it. T20 especially is a great. Its nice to see England actually being good at a sport! 

I love cricket but now as fussed on T20 

Footballs is my 2nd fav sport, cricket took over for me around the mid 90s,It was always neck n neck playing them both along with rugby union in my school days, but the passion for football fell away once fences and pens came along, I felt more like a caged animal than a supporter, crammed into a corner behind a floodlight  if you were lucky, some grounds you could hardly see the pitch! 300 mile round trip to have to listen to what youd missed on the radio back home, what a joke.

it just got worse with the premier league, stupid transfer fees, outrageous wages, club kits changing every season, over inflated entry fees, and players paid more in a week than harley street doctors earned in a year, fa cup games watched by empty stadiums, kick off times while your eating your breakfast or getting your legover, 3pm saturday afternoon thats kick off time not 8pm on a tuesday evening.

All  that money sloshing about in football, and we still sit behind a a metal post,or a comms box or in some far corner of some away end where you see 30% of what you paid for, watching football clubs rack up billions in debt yet still trade as solvent because they generate huge tax dollars..........if thats not corruption I dont know what corruption is!

How about lowering the frigging wages to a maximum of 1M a year and sploshing the rest on the people that attend,theres a novelty.

• Love 1