Biggest Away Following?

Title says it all really, are we going to be the biggest away following in L1?

Sunderland took 2039 last season on average, we're known for our massive away attendances, so despite all the poo we've put up with (or will have to) will we beat them for top spot?

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-afcs-stunning-average-away-attendance-season-and-how-it-compares-league-one-rivals-2541315?page=6

• Haha 1

Going by that we might as well only open the bottom tier for away fans. Maybe open the top tier for Rotherham and Doncaster as they should bring a few. I've a feeling Sunderland will be on sky as it's during the international break so they probably won't bring as many as usual either.

Think the only reason we could beat them is the novelty value of it being our first season back at that level and they’ve been there a few now.

If we both were having our first season I think they’d have more…happy to be wrong though !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, morley said:

With all this Covid stuff do we know yet if away followings will be allowed?

60k in Wembley in a few weeks. 140k at silverstone for the Grand Prix 

No reason whatsoever not to have full stadia for the new season 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

60k in Wembley in a few weeks. 140k at silverstone for the Grand Prix 

No reason whatsoever not to have full stadia for the new season 

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Easy tiger. 

That there is rational thinking - something our government has show is beyond its grasps (even for Mr Hancocks tentacles). 

I surmise the government are only allowing 60k at Wembley to save face. Once the season starts I full expect home fans only until next year. 
Obviously we all know it’s a load of rubbish why away fans could not be allowed in, however we are living in a time where all actual common sense has now evaporated out of the window. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Going by that we might as well only open the bottom tier for away fans. Maybe open the top tier for Rotherham and Doncaster as they should bring a few. I've a feeling Sunderland will be on sky as it's during the international break so they probably won't bring as many as usual either.

Never understood why we don’t put away fans on the bottom tier. Looks horrendous on TV with no fans behind that goal. 

• Like 3

I think we will be very close to Sunderlands attendance but the fact they can bring a large number here and we are (relatively speaking) quite close to them geographically means they might have some good numbers this coming season (assuming there are no restrictions etc etc). We always have good away numbers but a lot depends on the capacity of the smaller grounds. I’m sure there will be quite a few Wednesdayites (and Sunderland for that matter) in the home ends of Cheltenham and Fleetwood.