Macron kit?

Guest Manwithastick

5 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’m with Jim on this in wondering if there’s more going on?

Total silence from Chansiri ( not that unusual, but he normally has an outburst when there’s a lot of criticism)

Ditching his shirt brand.

Reduced season ticket prices.

DBowl posting again.

definitely putting two and two together, but this is most unusual. 

Totally agree Plonk. It’s seven weeks since the rather bland token statement that came out after the Derby game there has been a wall of silence ever since despite the constant stream of negative stories/publicity that we’ve seen. Also Moore has been extremely quiet which in all fairness you would expect him to be at this time of year but given the negativity surely he’s felt tempted to try and allay some fans fears. Personally today’s news suggests something’s changing and my feeling is we’re going to  get a new owner sooner rather than later?

Think this is a really interesting development.

We started manufacturing our own kits because Chansiri said the kit manufacturer were taking the ******** with how much they charge and we could bring more profits in to the club making them ourselves. 

So why the change? Maybe it’s more difficult then he thought and not as profitable. Bit like getting a trades person in for a quote on some home improvements, but then complaining it’s too much and trying to do it yourself. 😂

Maybe the penny is finally beginning to drop? Really hope so.

It'd be good if the kits lasted two seasons like they use to. I think they'd sell a lot more. Full price season one with a bit of discount for the start of season two. £50 + is a lot of money for something that's only going to last less than a year. 

9 minutes ago, jamsandwich said:

Remember when we ripped the ******** out of the Blunts for having Macron as their kit maker.

How low we have fallen

I think Macron kits have come a long way in the ten or so years since they started making United's kits.

It's a bit like how Skoda were a bit of a joke when I was a kid, but now they're seen as solid, reliable cars.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

Think this is a really interesting development.

We started manufacturing our own kits because Chansiri said the kit manufacturer were taking the ******** with how much they charge and we could bring more profits in to the club making them ourselves. 

So why the change? Maybe it’s more difficult then he thought and not as profitable. Bit like getting a trades person in for a quote on some home improvements, but then complaining it’s too much and trying to do it yourself. 😂

Maybe the penny is finally beginning to drop? Really hope so.

There is a reason why 99.9% of teams don't manufacture their own kits. 

I’m not that bothered who makes the kit as long as it isn’t horrible and is decent quality. That said kids are very brand conscious and the move probably makes better business sense than the elev8 circus!

I was kind of expecting some kind of pinstripe or blue with white sleeves kit this season after the last two seasons relatively traditional kits. Maybe the fact that it’s a new supplier means they won’t need to come up with something different. Hope it’s just nice fairly thick blue and white stripes!

22 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I’m with Jim on this in wondering if there’s more going on?

Total silence from Chansiri ( not that unusual, but he normally has an outburst when there’s a lot of criticism)

Ditching his shirt brand.

Reduced season ticket prices.

DBowl posting again.

definitely putting two and two together, but this is most unusual. 

Would imagine it’s a quick way to get cash into the club from signing a kit deal?

compared to how long it would take to make the profit off shirt sales in store

Also sounds like the new COO is actually being given some scope to influence things. 

Perhaps DC has begrudgingly accepted some of his ways have flat out failed? 
he’s never going to admit that publicly, but the going’s on seem to point to that