Derby down, Wycombe promoted

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

If it wasn't for Chansiri we would have been 4th from bottom and safe

Yet there are people on here that think Chansiri is well within his rights to withold money owed to the players, for them getting us relegated.

You've got to laugh.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Watch Wycombe stay up after being in the bottom 2 all season u til the final day.That Bristol City game though. 

I know it was down to results over a full season but that was the one that put the nail in the coffin. And now it could haunt us again. 

There were more nails than wood in our coffin last year. We were given so many chances and blew them. The Rotherham corner is the one that did it for me, but if we'd have stayed up, we would be facing another disastrous season and inevitable relegation. We've got to somehow hope we can assemble a team of kids, loanees and cast offs that will be able to compete in this league and get back in the championship when things have improved. It's gonna be a long journey I'm afraid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Watch Wycombe stay up after being in the bottom 2 all season u til the final day.That Bristol City game though. 

I know it was down to results over a full season but that was the one that put the nail in the coffin. And now it could haunt us again. 

My thoughts exactly. 1-0 up, our best player takes a weak penalty and we conced late. Don't think Derby will be relegated, don't want to upset Rooney, he's an England legend you know.

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

No chance this is sorted before the season starts. Appeals will delay things for months. 

Derby have until august 18th to submit the new accounts. How the hell can the EFL be looking at relegating them now?

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat

If they do get relegated will we be playing in the Wayne Rooney League against Wayne Rooney FC. Has a ring to it.

Only thing FFP serves well is the pockets of all the lawyers involved in these ever increasing cases 

Beyond a joke, interchangeable fixture list ? When they damn well know it won’t be solved before start of season ? 

Behave 

15 hours ago, Mr. Chow said:

Efl don’t have the balls to relegate derby just before the season starts. points deduction and a fine for them

I think they are trying to. From what I gather, if they appeal the 100k fine, which they might it means they are pushing for a minimum 2 point penalty to relegate Derby. Then it will be the independent panel that decide if that's ok or not. 

only just caught up with this.

unfortunately with ffp accountancy has totally taken over.

i think Mel tries to be too clever, and bends the rules but he actually means to be compliant…..just.

But he thinks he’s being clever. He thinks can spot loopholes and play by his rules. 
Ultimately he wasted the club’s money on silly wages for 💩players 

we signed players - but not that many - the problem was - unlike Brentford - we bought 💩we couldn’t sell. I struggle to think of any unfair advantage we got from signing nick blackman, Jacob Butterfield, Florian Jozefzoon, ikechi Anya etc etc.

it’s farcical to suggest we won’t be kicking off in the championship if the fixtures start before the deadline given for the resubmission of revised accounts.

Its ridiculous to put the club and the fans in the position of selling season tickets for an unknown league.

The disciplinary committee was appointed by the EFL and yet they have nothing other than challenge the decisions of their own committee.

How this will play out is that we will submit the accounts, it will be determined whether we are or are not compliant with ffp on the basis of revised accounts, and then will be clobbered with a points deduction or not as the case may be. I don’t think any fans want a season like you’ve just had. It must be totally demoralising for fans and players. And I don’t believe in points deductions either for you, or us. 
for financial ******** ups apply financial penalties. Fine Mel 10 million quid - who cares. But the league positions be decided by ⚽

this process has already gone on for far too long. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Raminpeace said:

I ought to add that finding us guilty was the correct decision imo. 
but the EFl knew all about this years ago and did nothing until Boro threatened to sue everyone.

Absolutely,   EFL have done sweet FA until Gibson started giving it the big un 

There an absolute sham of an organisation 

The thing is with Gibson and Boro is that any team in that league is only ever a season or 2 away from such a fate as ours and Derby’s. 
might not be down to FFP sanctions, but some shitstick will hit them over the head and resign them to nothing.

I agree pretty much with what RIP posted. The EFL are desperate to punish us heavily and are hoping that the resubmission of our 2016-2018 will reveal multiple consequential breaches of spending limits that will allow them to impose a record points deduction and, if they can, apply it to last season. I suspect they want to a "biggish" scalp to lay down a marker and don't care what the consequences for fans and employees are. Putting us out of business is their "blue sky" objective. 

There are, however, some strands of hope that might mean the EFL don't get things their own way : firstly, it's by no means certain that our resubmitted accounts will reveal a breach of FFP; secondly, the EFL appeal against the leniency of the DEC panel punishment may not be successful; and, thirdly, the fact that your own points deduction wasn't applied retrospectively, despite the EFL wanting it to be, has set a precedent that is more comparable than Macclesfield's case.

But as RIP said, whatever the outcome of the EFL appeal etc, the damage has already been done and continues to be done by the uncertainty and restrictions that have been imposed on the club during the most serious financial crisis in English football history. Even if we avoid a points deduction, or however any such deduction is applied, we're screwed for the coming season and possibly years to come. All because Gibson appointed Tony Pulis. 

• Like 1