BREAKING - Wednesday turn down £1MILLION for Windass

8 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Not true.  No money has changed hands, we've not got £1m for Windass as we didn't accept it, therefore our income is £0, which is less than £400k.

And Windass will still want paying, now, in the future, and for the past too.

We wouldn’t have had the £400k either, they wanted an instalment plan. Sounds like a great deal to me. 

56 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Yeah but its like missing a few mortgage payments and turning down an offer to buy your house at half the price its worth....

By the way if you think thats ok contact me and ill buy your house for half what its worth...

Aye -good analogy but on reflection I’ll decline your kind offer.

My best bet is clearly to (continue to) ignore all my  financial (&moral) responsibilities  stick my head up ur arse & let the house be repossessed (with the added bonus of being declared bankrupt

🤔

• Like 1

If the club are rejecting bids for players, then we all better hope that the wages are fully up to scratch, because we have sod all leverage in negotiations if they aren’t. 

I can genuinely see some of these players going AWOL. Seeing who joins up for pre-season is going to be interesting. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m not the one turning down bids for players who could put the club in real trouble over unpaid wages. I’m also not the one turning down bids for players while under a transfer embargo.

Apologies for not having any type of confidence in the chairman here. He’s hardly got a good track record in the transfer market. In fact, it’s truly abysmal.

No, you're the one accepting a £400K first bid for a player when the same club have now apparently more than doubled that offer within a few days!

lol

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

If the club are rejecting bids for players, then we all better hope that the wages are fully up to scratch, because we have sod all leverage in negotiations if they aren’t. 

I can genuinely see some of these players going AWOL. Seeing who joins up for pre-season is going to be interesting. 

Can’t see offers being turned down unless we either think we’re about to get a better one from someone else or we’re confident players aren’t in a position to force a move.

21 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Not true.  No money has changed hands, we've not got £1m for Windass as we didn't accept it, therefore our income is £0, which is less than £400k.

And Windass will still want paying, now, in the future, and for the past too.

No money has changed hands from the club because Chanisiri is in charge.

Had Sally been in charge then we would have accepted £400K for a player the same club are now willing to pay £1M for. 

Not great business either that is it! 

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Can’t see offers being turned down unless we either think we’re about to get a better one from someone else or we’re confident players aren’t in a position to force a move.

Logically, that would be the case, yeah.

However, our chairman has proven himself to operate outside the realms of logic at times.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Logically, that would be the case, yeah.

However, our chairman has proven himself to operate outside the realms of logic at times.

He knows the reality of the situation.  Everybody else is going on rumours and paper speculation.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No money has changed hands from the club because Chanisiri is in charge.

Had Sally been in charge then we would have accepted £400K for a player the same club are now willing to pay £1M for. 

Not great business either that is it! 

We haven’t sold Windass.

We rejected two bids and I doubt Milwall will make another.

While you get all hysterical about what I would have or wouldn’t have done, we have huge financial difficulties at the club and we’re refusing bids for a player who seemingly doesn’t want to be here.

But yeah, you carry on..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

He knows the reality of the situation.  Everybody else is going on rumours and paper speculation.

The guy doesn’t operate normally. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we are absolutely desperate to sell yet Chansiri is still refusing bids. I wouldn’t be surprised one bit. 

He refused to let Dave Jones leave when he wasn’t even training with the first team under Luhukay!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We haven’t sold Windass.

We rejected two bids and I doubt Milwall will make another.

While you get all hysterical about what I would have or wouldn’t have done, we have huge financial difficulties at the club and we’re refusing bids for a player who seemingly doesn’t want to be here.

But yeah, you carry on..

Not having a pop at all but. How does he seemingly not want to be here Have I missed something? Or is this just about an emoji on Twitter?

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The guy doesn’t operate normally. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we are absolutely desperate to sell yet Chansiri is still refusing bids. I wouldn’t be surprised one bit. 

He refused to let Dave Jones leave when he wasn’t even training with the first team under Luhukay!

You’ve got me confused now. Are we desperate to sell or are we in a position to refuse bids.  Can’t be both.

1 minute ago, bedfordowl said:

Not having a pop at all but. How does he seemingly not want to be here Have I missed something? Or is this just about an emoji on Twitter?

Emoji on Twitter and his interview on that Scottish podcast at the weekend hint to me he’s not too arsed about staying around.

I mean who would?