BREAKING - Wednesday turn down £1MILLION for Windass

Guest mrbluesky
54 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I REALLY hope he's been paid recently, otherwise this has the potential to get very messy, very quickly.

This, I get the feeling the likes of Reach etc... have also taken the same action.

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

But at that point the club director(s) has the choice to enter administration or accept being wound up?

The owner has to acknowledge the reality of the situation first, then bring in professionals to discuss the options. He may have other assets, we know he owns the stadium for instance and other businesses he may be able to offer as security or raise borrowing against. Equally he may not want to risk those other assets by pinning them to what looks very much like a lost cause.

There is much we don’t know, but we do know players are unpaid. The club has described this as a cashflow issue, it isn’t. We have massive outgoings, literally no revenue, that’s a broken business.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If we aren’t letting players go who aren’t being paid they can take it further and the club could be plunged into even more financial difficulty.

Sell. Sell. Sell. 1 million is a profit on Windass. He hinted on a podcast the other day he wants out. Unhappy player not motivated is not someone you want at the club. 

I bet you'd have sold him for £400K two days ago.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

For sure. I’d be taking whatever we can for players who haven’t been paid and want out. 

So you'd have just lost us at least £600K seeing as what they have now come back with. 

Just now, lanzaroteowl said:

So chucking £1m at a £12m problem and throwing away any chance of promotion is the way to go?

We are not going up next season under any circumstances. Come to terms with that now and next seasons struggle will be much more easier for you.

A Josh Windass who wants to leave isn’t going to fire us to promotion on his own mate.

• Like 5

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, GoldGigsChris said:

Is DC refusing to sell another player that doesn't want to play for us again?

Has the guy learnt nothing?

I would hope he’s just trying to get the best deal for Wednesday - as he should. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Which makes it even more ridiculous that we have rejected another bid.

We need a new direction, I'm glad you're not up for the job based on this kind of financial management!

lol

3 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

So chucking £1m at a £12m problem and throwing away any chance of promotion is the way to go?

He'd have happily chucked £400K at it for the same player 2 days ago! 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

We need a new direction, I'm glad you're not up for the job based on this kind of financial management!

lol

I’m not the one turning down bids for players who could put the club in real trouble over unpaid wages. I’m also not the one turning down bids for players while under a transfer embargo.

Apologies for not having any type of confidence in the chairman here. He’s hardly got a good track record in the transfer market. In fact, it’s truly abysmal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So you'd have just lost us at least £600K seeing as what they have now come back with. 

Not true.  No money has changed hands, we've not got £1m for Windass as we didn't accept it, therefore our income is £0, which is less than £400k.

And Windass will still want paying, now, in the future, and for the past too.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Not true.  No money has changed hands, we've not got £1m for Windass as we didn't accept it, therefore our income is £0, which is less than £400k.

And Windass will still want paying, now, in the future, and for the past too.

Absolutely.

Old Hirstyboywonder losing all sense of perspective in his tireless Owlstalk pursuit to catch me out

lol

• Like 1