Charles Hagan latest

Hopefully not another 1 year deal.

As we’ve seen with Shaw and Urhoghide you only need a decent few games and the vultures start circling. 

Get the lad tied down if we rate him and let’s finally back one of our own horses. 

Guest Grandad
23 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Maybe - but I'd rather be relegated playing players that may improve, have potential resale value and that we can afford than playing players that have no chance of improving, we cannot afford and that will likely leave for free. 

I would rather we were relegated and got our act together in being a sustainable club, than overpay mediocre established pro's  that don't fill me with confidence that they will do any better. The blueprint is there by little old Barnsley. Some of their fans thought at the beginning when selling their 'best players' imposing sensible salary cap that they would struggle too. 

I realy REALLY hope the Chairman doesnt share your hopes here

30 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Maybe - but I'd rather be relegated playing players that may improve, have potential resale value and that we can afford than playing players that have no chance of improving, we cannot afford and that will likely leave for free. 

I would rather we were relegated and got our act together in being a sustainable club, than overpay mediocre established pro's  that don't fill me with confidence that they will do any better. The blueprint is there by little old Barnsley. Some of their fans thought at the beginning when selling their 'best players' imposing sensible salary cap that they would struggle too. 

100% agree.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

A big difference between sustainable and playing the kids.  Relying the kids in League One almost certainly would equal relegation, and that in itself is rarely sustainable.

The game is professional.  You need quality, not heart.  Play a kid when that kid is ready and has the quality, or at least, the potential to bridge the gap in a period of time like all youngsters have to do at some point.  My fear is that we are going to be playing kids not because they're ready, but because we (the club) are not ready for the season ahead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

A big difference between sustainable and playing the kids.  Relying the kids in League One almost certainly would equal relegation, and that in itself is rarely sustainable.

The game is professional.  You need quality, not heart.  Play a kid when that kid is ready and has the quality, or at least, the potential to bridge the gap in a period of time like all youngsters have to do at some point.  My fear is that we are going to be playing kids not because they're ready, but because we (the club) are not ready for the season ahead.

Where have I said we only play the kids? In the blueprint example of Barnsley is that what they did too? 

I said I was excited to see Waldock, Hagan, Dawoda, Adedoyun in the mix, that mix would also have (I hope anyhow) a bunch of senior players that are already at the club and within a sensible salary structure. I'm guessing Green, Dunkley, Luongo, Iorfa are all on salaries that are 50% less than those that need shipping out. 

Then, you add in a bunch of new recruits that are available. 

It's what almost every other club do. So it cannot be hard to find players that are good at this level but do not demand 15-25K per week unlike Bannan, Windass, Paterson..... etc.  

• Like 2

A youth player hasn't actually signed a new contract but has agreed in principle that he might do so at some point over the next few weeks?

I realise the club has been starving both fans and local journalists of any form of communication, but this barely qualifies as news, good or otherwise...