New keeper search

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

With no strikers, no left back, no right midfielders I think we replace one adequate keepers we need to focus what little funds we have on getting a competitive team on the pitch and goal keeper should not be the priority.

A left back, a right winger and 2 strikers, then if we generate any funds from sales a central midfielder who knows where the goal is and a decent match fit centre back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

With no strikers, no left back, no right midfielders I think we replace one adequate keepers we need to focus what little funds we have on getting a competitive team on the pitch and goal keeper should not be the priority. 

That's what we said last summer then the two young un's kept tripping over their own feet, diving over balls, threw balls into their own net 
We got relegated

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Andy W
3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Classic spin by the club.

we can’t sign anyone, can’t pay anyone, and yet are planning to sign a third first team goalie.

pull the other one.

You would immediately question anyone even thinking about joining our club wouldn't you?

We are clearly in shocking trouble, very probably terminal

Plenty of time left for us yet. Wait for any decent free transfers to move on and any promising young players to move on loan until all that’s left is the crap that can’t get a contract anywhere else then we will swoop.

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's what we said last summer then the two young un's kept tripping over their own feet, diving over balls, threw balls into their own net 
We got relegated

Aye, and when Westwood was back all those goals we were conceding disappeared.

Almost as if the goalkeeper is only part of the problem/team and that it’s irrelevant who’s in goals if the rest of the team isn’t addressed. 

I’m not saying we shouldn’t improve the keeper position, if in budget and other areas are fixed. But right now I’d be prioritising LB, ST, RW, CM before keeper. Who knows, maybe those positions are already sorted with players set to sign. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

This is only going to end one way, and I think we all know it deep down.

no new keeper

48 hours before deadline day

we will announce a 1 yr deal for Westwood 

Be amazed if he doesnt get a deal in the Championship next season

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

Therefore an experienced keeper is an absolute priority

As it was last summer

We didn't address that 

We got relegated

Sarcasm seems lost on you.

Westwood conceded 24 in 20 with 6 clean sheets. 25% clean sheet rate, 1.2 goals per game conceded. 

Dawson conceded 9 in 8 with 3 clean sheets. 33% clean sheet rate, 1.125 goals per game conceded. 

Remind me which is the experienced keeper that you say would have kept us up?? 

• Like 1

Just now, Philb125 said:

Sarcasm seems lost on you.

Westwood conceded 24 in 20 with 6 clean sheets. 25% clean sheet rate, 1.2 goals per game conceded. 

Dawson conceded 9 in 8 with 3 clean sheets. 33% clean sheet rate, 1.125 goals per game conceded. 

Remind me which is the experienced keeper that you say would have kept us up?? 

The new one that we didnt' get

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop