Harris and Luongo

Someone didn't get a invite to the social distance champagne harris leaving party 

The buffet was rubbish but the midget strip show was entertaining 

4 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Luongo never seemed to be injured at QPR.

He came to us and after a fairly decent start picked up an injury, then if I remember correctly Monk made a statement along the lines of "he is not quite ready yet but is really keen to play so I've picked him". He immediately got injured again and has been injured off and on ever since.

That wasn’t how I remembered it mate. The QPR fans said he was a great player, but injury prone, especially after he returned from international duty. As a result, he didn’t often play midweek games, to manage him through. Maybe I’m wrong, but his fitness was definitely raised when we signed him.

4 minutes ago, Pieman said:

That wasn’t how I remembered it mate. The QPR fans said he was a great player, but injury prone, especially after he returned from international duty. As a result, he didn’t often play midweek games, to manage him through. Maybe I’m wrong, but his fitness was definitely raised when we signed him.

According to Transfer Market :-

Season 15/16 squad 41  started 26

Season  16/17 squad 39  started 35

Season  17/18  squad  39  started 38

Season  18/19  squad  41  started  41 

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

According to Transfer Market :-

Season 15/16 squad 41  started 26

Season  16/17 squad 39  started 35

Season  17/18  squad  39  started 38

Season  18/19  squad  41  started  41 

Mmmm, that’s pretty decent.

4 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Mmmm, that’s pretty decent.

That's what I thought.

Mate of mine is a big QPR fan and when he found out Luongo was leaving he said he's a great box to box midfielder, didn't want him to leave them.

Shame about Luongo - I personally think he’s a very good all round midfield player. He can do everything and can play in a 2.

Hes under contract and it’s unlikely any clubs will take a punt on him. Let’s hope he gets fit and helps us next season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Not sure about Iorfa, he just had a really bad injury up until which he was always available. Different with luongo who was just always in and out because of small injuries. I think the latter is more of a sign of weakness tbh. 

That saying.

If it looks too good to be true..

Luongo... QPR fans loved him ...cost next to nothing... great stats.

And then?

Clubs are offloading players like this to newbies all the time.

Btw what he showed when he played was the real deal...then it dawns on you that we've got another one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

The amount of spaffin on here over luongo reached ridiculous levels..never understood it..and Bruce was massivly overated n all while were at it

He was over rated despite the fact he's a premier League manager and we are now in the 3rd tier?! 😂

Clearly being at a championship club he was under rated at the time, proven by the fact he's kept Newcastle up under such board room constraints.