It's fine

2 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Helpful. Let’s just all keep bleating. 
OP is trying to be positive and for one that team would not get relegated from L1. 
It’s not a great situation but can we stop bleating. Jeez. 

I don't understand what you're trying to say

If you're in the middle of a crisis you don't just say 'hey! everything's great!'

It's not 'bleating' to suggest that things need to urgently change

You said yourself it's 'not a great situation' (understatement)

There's nothing wrong with being positive however and looking forward to next season. I'm excited. I look forward to the fixture list, maybe a new kit if we're getting one, new players if we're getting them etc

But I 100% totally reserve the right to say things as they are and you telling me I'm 'bleating' is just ridiculous

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If that IS going to be the team for next season you have to also wonder what the levels of self belief and confidence are within it

I wouldn't say they were sky high amongst last season's team during our relegation 'battle'.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't understand what you're trying to say

If you're in the middle of a crisis you don't just say 'hey! everything's great!'

It's not 'bleating' to suggest that things need to urgently change

You said yourself it's 'not a great situation' (understatement)

There's nothing wrong with being positive however and looking forward to next season. I'm excited. I look forward to the fixture list, maybe a new kit if we're getting one, new players if we're getting them etc

But I 100% totally reserve the right to say things as they are and you telling me I'm 'bleating' is just ridiculous

It’s not just this thread though Neil is it. 
most Threads carry so much negativity. 
We know where we are in terms of our situation but we have to try and have some positivity surely. Currently we still have players in the squad to get us back out of this league for me. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

It’s not just this thread though Neil is it. 
most Threads carry so much negativity. 
We know where we are in terms of our situation but we have to try and have some positivity surely. Currently we still have players in the squad to get us back out of this league for me. 

And that's fine

But you can't complain when people disagree with you

I dont' think for one second we have a squad capable of getting us promoted next season - that's not 'negativity' - that's just my view

Right now we need as much positivity as humanly possible but if it's unrealistic or just saying positive stuff that doesn't equate to reality you can expect it will be challenged and questioned

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I would like to think you can come through this mess.

Arthur Cox dragged us back up from a similar situation many years ago and I have no doubt that a good manager could get you back on your feet.

I don’t know if our ex-player is able to forge something from scratch, but Jimmy floyd hasselbaink would be capable. He is performing miracles at Burton and might be tempted even on a minimal budget.

1 minute ago, Raminpeace said:

I would like to think you can come through this mess.

Arthur Cox dragged us back up from a similar situation many years ago and I have no doubt that a good manager could get you back on your feet.

I don’t know if our ex-player is able to forge something from scratch, but Jimmy floyd hasselbaink would be capable. He is performing miracles at Burton and might be tempted even on a minimal budget.

For me though if you have the best manager in the world but the players aren't getting paid it kinda makers the managers job impossible

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

For me though if you have the best manager in the world but the players aren't getting paid it kinda makers the managers job impossible

absolutely.

you need help. You need an emergency loan. No more pointless punishments or points deductions.

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, Raminpeace said:

absolutely.

you need help. You need an emergency loan. No more pointless punishments or points deductions.

Mate ,our de facto CEO is 12, owners  son.

And still in school till July 20th.

Edited by Hornsby

1 hour ago, Raminpeace said:

I assume that this is something of a myth.

If you see a post from that particular poster, you can assume that it sits somewhere between "a minor distortion of truth" to "away with the fùûúcking fairies".

That said, the chairman's son seems to have been more closely involved with some aspects of the club than one would wish a teenager to have been.

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby
4 hours ago, Raminpeace said:

I assume that this is something of a myth.

May be outta school but no myth.

The kid interviewed Cowley brothers for managers job and his Dad said his son told him to buy Rhodes, cost us £20 million gross and rotten.

It's that bad. Imagine what we don't know.

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

If you see a post from that particular poster, you can assume that it sits somewhere between "a minor distortion of truth" to "away with the fùûúcking fairies".

That said, the chairman's son seems to have been more closely involved with some aspects of the club than one would wish a teenager to have been.

Yep.

You can just imagine how Pulis might have reacted to being told what to do by the chairman's son, can't you?

:duntmatter:

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem