It's fine

Have been thinking about next season and I don't think as bad as we are all thinking, even assuming Bannan and Windass leave.  Main problem is our injury prone squad and a lack of width.

Next season we have to stop worrying about promotion.  Consolidate and bring in and blood young talent.  Need a few wingers and a left back as I see it.

Hopefully Adedoyin, Dele, Hunt, Brennan, Waldock and Green will come good with game time and that Iorfa, Luongo and Dunkley stay fit.

I'm aware that Waldock, Hunt and Brennan are out of position in the attached pic, but thought I might as well show them until we make some signings.  If no one signs, we may have to look at moving players to alternative positions anyway.  Useful that Patterson plays full back if needed.

At least we won't be disappointed for a change.  We can't do any worse than expected.

Screenshot_20210621_222636_com.opera.browser.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Unfortunately if we have that as our starting 11 I can see us being down near the bottom of the league. That midfield is very worrying. 

Plus Iorfa will still be feeling his way back from a serious injury, and Dunkley and Hutchinson (as the other 1st choice CBs) aren't exactly made of iron.

It would also be hugely surprising if some of the more experienced players aren't picked off by low end championship clubs, or simply walk from their contract due to wage issues.

I can see a lot of very young Wednesday players, getting smashed all over the pitch by seasoned league 1 campaigners next season. 

Edited by Sheff74
  • Like 1

Cannot believe the OP took the time to write that seriously thinking what he was presenting was anything other than a bottom 3 league one team. And that's before we consider the lack of any options on the bench whatsoever.

We need 7/8 fresh faces in of decent League One quality by the start of the season, and they will all have needed a full pre-season to bed in.

It doesn't look good.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kouki said:

Have been thinking about next season and I don't think as bad as we are all thinking, even assuming Bannan and Windass leave.  Main problem is our injury prone squad and a lack of width.

Next season we have to stop worrying about promotion.  Consolidate and bring in and blood young talent.  Need a few wingers and a left back as I see it.

Hopefully Adedoyin, Dele, Hunt, Brennan, Waldock and Green will come good with game time and that Iorfa, Luongo and Dunkley stay fit.

I'm aware that Waldock, Hunt and Brennan are out of position in the attached pic, but thought I might as well show them until we make some signings.  If no one signs, we may have to look at moving players to alternative positions anyway.  Useful that Patterson plays full back if needed.

At least we won't be disappointed for a change.  We can't do any worse than expected.

Doddle

Guest LondonOwl313

Problem is, even out of your team, we’ve seen that Dawson isn’t up to it, Luongo is a crock, Paterson and Iorfa will probably leave as well.. and the rest are totally unproven in the pro game. They might be good enough but odds are they won’t be. We need a whole new team here 

2 hours ago, kouki said:

Ah bless we played midfielder up front last season and scored just 40 goals that got us relegated.

So what do we do play midfielders up front again.

I do wonder sometimes if people need to spend A little less time on Football manager and a bit more time using common sense.

A goalkeeper plays in goal, a defender is there to defend a midfielder to create and a striker to score the goals. Football really is that easy. If you took Jordan Rhodes you would not play him in goal, so why play a midfielder up front.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Ah bless we played midfielder up front last season and scored just 40 goals that got us relegated.

So what do we do play midfielders up front again.

I do wonder sometimes if people need to spend A little less time on Football manager and a bit more time using common sense.

A goalkeeper plays in goal, a defender is there to defend a midfielder to create and a striker to score the goals. Football really is that easy. If you took Jordan Rhodes you would not play him in goal, so why play a midfielder up front.

Because we still haven’t got any strikers at the club. We were crying out for a couple last summer, we were screaming for them in January. And now we have lost the only one we had ( who was crap/ didn’t get the service) so by now we are absolutely desperate. 

Will it happen? Probably not. 

• Like 1

It'll never be fine until Clueless leaves and we get an owner who actually does have a clue.

Until that moment we are probably looking at the worst period in our history unfolding.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kouki said:

F@@cking dire.

It's fine doesn't necessarily mean we will be pushing for the play offs, but I like to think once given the time to play regularly some of our younger players will be capable of stepping up to league one level.

If they don't, hopefully come January we may be able to sign a couple of improvements.  Hopefully we can stay up and with game time and experience we may even do better next season.

It's like when your wife tells you it's fine.  Normally there's a significant problem but generally you don't get divorced that year.