44 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Got to be honest, I'm absolutely choking on my breakfast at people being choosy over if he's good enough or fits in the team or not.

It's like the penny isn't dropping. 

nothing amazes me on here anymore

15 hours ago, grumpy grandad said:

Was he that good last year or were the owls that bad i think he should sign a new contract and try to improve or maybe go the same way as hirst / clare. come on lad sign up have another season with first team football at hillsborough and prove yourself not what your agent is telling you

Can't blame any player for wanting out. Wish it was as easy for us fans!!!

16 hours ago, room0035 said:

He is young promising, could be worth millions in a few years with regular football.

he is over 30 getting his last big contract, he was a key player 2 season ago, but like all the key players had declined over the last 18 months and in 2 years time will be worth next to nothing.

one of these players got offered £27,000 a week 2 year deal. The offer probably got offer a few grand a week, one year deal.

until our club value youth players as first team players, hirst, clare, shaw, urhoghide etc etc will all leave.

Liam Shaw signed a 4 year deal with Celtic on less than a quarter of what we have given Bannan.

To be fair most of us are glad we didnt give in to hirst and clare extortionate demands arent we? Lets see what shaw and urhoghide turn out like .

• Like 1

On 22/06/2021 at 09:51, Philb125 said:

I mean you’re already proven wrong as Dawodu already signed his contract renewal. I don’t get why our fans post definitive statements that are clearly false. 

Bet your fun at a party 

let me guess you tell everyone how many tickets you’ve issued for the day abs how your the regions top tragic warden 

On 22/06/2021 at 13:41, pioowl said:

To be fair most of us are glad we didnt give in to hirst and clare extortionate demands arent we? Lets see what shaw and urhoghide turn out like .

TBF,

a) there's a big gap between what GHirst was after and what Shaw (and presumably Urhoghide) were looking for, contractually;

and

b) At the time they left, Hirst and Clare would have been squad players rather than first-teamers. Shaw and Urhoghide would be first-team mainstays if we'd been able to keep them.

Too many players & not enough jobs. A lot of agents are going to be advising many out of contract players to bite the bullet and sign a new contract if offered before it’s too late & someone else signs it  ……… The tide has turned!

“Over 1,000 players in the Championship, League One and League Two are out of contract at the end of June and clubs haven’t got the money to recycle them back into the game.

“It’s going to be a shock for the whole of football but it will be the players at the lower end of the game who will suffer the most.”

Gary Neville on Talksport this morning!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Too many players & not enough jobs. A lot of agents are going to be advising many out of contract players to bite the bullet and sign a new contract if offered before it’s too late & someone else signs it  ……… The tide has turned!

“Over 1,000 players in the Championship, League One and League Two are out of contract at the end of June and clubs haven’t got the money to recycle them back into the game.

“It’s going to be a shock for the whole of football but it will be the players at the lower end of the game who will suffer the most.”

Gary Neville on Talksport this morning!

Wonder how it's all going to play out

Ultimately realistically it could mean that so many players to choose from, that the wages could be driven right down, and so could ticket prices so we could get back to some kind of normality and affordability

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wonder how it's all going to play out

Ultimately realistically it could mean that so many players to choose from, that the wages could be driven right down, and so could ticket prices so we could get back to some kind of normality and affordability

That would be the perfect result. A reset for football  

• Like 2

On 25/06/2021 at 18:22, Dooogs said:

TBF,

a) there's a big gap between what GHirst was after and what Shaw (and presumably Urhoghide) were looking for, contractually;

and

b) At the time they left, Hirst and Clare would have been squad players rather than first-teamers. Shaw and Urhoghide would be first-team mainstays if we'd been able to keep them.

But would they ??

• Like 1

Guest Smackavolley
On 21/06/2021 at 20:39, room0035 said:

Liam Shaw signed a 4 year deal with Celtic on less than a quarter of what we have given Bannan.

He didn't.