BREAKING : Barry Bannan - “A lot of people are leaving behind the scenes. It’s not a great place to be at the minute”

Is Baz not just referring to all his mates who have left who were out of contract. Must be a bit soul destroying knowing he signed a contract and could be potentially stuck here.

Im sure in the context of things lots of people leaving means players as well as a couple of staff which have gone, one of our physios went to Arsenal didn’t he and I’m sure there was someone else too.

You can tell he’s fed up of carrying the team to a certain extent and disappointed we got relegated, But maybe he will go in on Friday and be the main man around the club again, he’s certainly good enough to stand out in league 1.

it’s the only shred of hope I’ve got left, if Bannan, Windass, Iorfa etc leave we will be in a relegation scrap with a bunch of kids (if we get to the start of the season) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

I’d love £3mill but the only person that would spend that on a player like Bannan already has him :Chansiri:

You said we’d be lucky to get £750-£1m for him.

That’s roughly what we spent on Stevie May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Box_Man said:

Is Baz not just referring to all his mates who have left who were out of contract. Must be a bit soul destroying knowing he signed a contract and could be potentially stuck here.

Im sure in the context of things lots of people leaving means players as well as a couple of staff which have gone, one of our physios went to Arsenal didn’t he and I’m sure there was someone else too.

You can tell he’s fed up of carrying the team to a certain extent and disappointed we got relegated, But maybe he will go in on Friday and be the main man around the club again, he’s certainly good enough to stand out in league 1.

it’s the only shred of hope I’ve got left, if Bannan, Windass, Iorfa etc leave we will be in a relegation scrap with a bunch of kids (if we get to the start of the season) 

Could be but I would class that as behind the scenes. Behind the scenes to me means staff who you wouldn’t normally think about. 

This interview to me reads as an interview with  someone who has pretty much already left. You wouldn’t speak like that in public if you were staying put. 

FWIW I agree with him coming out end telling us as it is and not sugar coating it. Fans will

get on his back for saying it because they can’t have a bad word said about their precious Sheffield Wednesday. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Box_Man said:

Is Baz not just referring to all his mates who have left who were out of contract.  

No

If that was the case he would have said 'A few teammates who were out of contract have left' and not 'A lot of people are leaving behind the scenes'

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Could be but I would class that as behind the scenes. Behind the scenes to me means staff who you wouldn’t normally think about. 

This interview to me reads as an interview with  someone who has pretty much already left. You wouldn’t speak like that in public if you were staying put. 

FWIW I agree with him coming out end telling us as it is and not sugar coating it. Fans will

get on his back for saying it because they can’t have a bad word said about their precious Sheffield Wednesday. 

Yes, agree, the tea lady has left the building!

Sounds like he’s going to be leaving to me. I think an upper mid table Championship side might be in for him to add some creativity in a bid to try for playoffs. I do think this year is going to see much smaller transfer fees than previous years though. Can’t see Bannan getting more than £1.5million, maybe quite a bit less. But let’s face it. If we get anything for him, signing him on a new deal will have proved to be a great move because he’d have been off for nowt otherwise!

Guest mrbluesky

I drive past Bazza`s house almost every day, once the for sale sign is up I'll let you know!

Lump on, when I do!

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Can you call round and ask him what the f*ck's going on?

:duntmatter:

He has on occasion looked through his window, so a "what the f*ck`s going on" sign in the car window should suffice :Chansiri:

Sounds to me like he’s off - but I do detect some degree of reluctance on his part. It’s as though he’s accepted that the ship is sinking and he’s heading to the lifeboat.

Best wishes, Bazza, thanks for your efforts over the years - good luck at your new club, whoever it may be 

9 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

Lots of people leaving behind the scenes, we hardly employ anybody, so cant be loads to leave in the first place 

You would imagine the fall out from relegation is cutting back on low(er) paid support staff. 

Well done to swfc (chansiri, players and management teams) 

1 minute ago, modboy said:

You would imagine the fall out from relegation is cutting back on low(er) paid support staff. 

Well done to swfc (chansiri, players and management teams) 

I wondered whether Bazza was talking about last Christmases nativity play😀

Guest Jack the Hat
8 hours ago, Plonk said:

If it’s not it should be. Maybe this is something the trust can look at alongside the community asset thingy?

Agreed. it isn't listed but has great historical interest and was the only Stand alongside the now defunct North bank at highbury to be included in Nicholas Pevners The buildings of England. It should be listed for sure. We do need to get on that. Also, I think other parts of the ground (South) were designed by Archibold Leitch - but the North Stand is the thing to focus on. Anyone can apply to have a building listed.

Guest Hornsby
42 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Agreed. it isn't listed but has great historical interest and was the only Stand alongside the now defunct North bank at highbury to be included in Nicholas Pevners The buildings of England. It should be listed for sure. We do need to get on that. Also, I think other parts of the ground (South) were designed by Archibold Leitch - but the North Stand is the thing to focus on. Anyone can apply to have a building listed.

Or part of a building.

North Stand warrants it.

More than Park Hill flats anyway.