BREAKING : Barry Bannan - “A lot of people are leaving behind the scenes. It’s not a great place to be at the minute”

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s angry fans going down to get their refunds sorted 🤣

Very likely :

According to the ticket office staff this morning in excess of 12k had renewed ….. which is an island of good news in a sea of crap!

15 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Very likely :

According to the ticket office staff this morning in excess of 12k had renewed ….. which is an island of good news in a sea of crap!

Do you have any idea on how many purchased early bird season tickets for last season ? I was thinking around 15k. 

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Totally expecting a blanket being put over pre-season coverage as I get the feeling there will be some IC players who won’t turn up for training? Feel

sorry for Moore,  trying to prepare a team with all this going on?

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

100% this Jim - I believe the same thing

Could do with getting someone who lives in the vicinity of the training ground with spare time on their hands and a decent camera to go down and check who turns up!

:ph34r: 

13 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Very likely :

How much new money though? I would be very suprised if there are any new sales amongst that lot. If you have not had a refund and are due monies the easy option is just to renew as the money was spent a year ago. Bearing in mind with DC's stance on refunds the only other alternative is to take legal action against the club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mountain Owl said:

How much new money though? I would be very suprised if there are any new sales amongst that lot. If you have not had a refund and are due monies the easy option is just to renew as the money was spent a year ago. Bearing in mind with DC's stance on refunds the only other alternative is to take legal action against the club.

They can't do new sales yet can they?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

They're only doing renewals at present not new sales

• Like 2

Just now, Mountain Owl said:

Not sure mate. Point is the fans have driven into a corner of either renewing or potentially having to write off their already spent money.

Totally agree, just thought I read somewhere that because of possible crowd restrictions, only supporters who had renewed for last season could get one for now.

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Totally agree, just thought I read somewhere that because of possible crowd restrictions, only supporters who had renewed for last season could get one for now.

Makes sense all that. Keep forgetting about covid with all the other bad stuff going on at the club.

34 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Very likely :

12,000 renewed already?

How many season ticket holders did we have that signed up during the 4-week window they were last on sale in January 2020? 

I find it a bit surprising that so many are eager to sign up straight away when over 50% wanted their money back the previous season and the trust are looking at whether to push the club to offer refunds this season. 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

I'm over 50, overweight and my knees are shot, probably still sail through a wednesday medical tho. 

I'm over 60, my knees are shot and I've had an ankle fusion and I reckon that I'd have an even chance of passing that same medical because you can't beat a bit of experience and I used to play a bit 😉

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Could be a DC quote. Actually it worked for Brentford. It's really a case of how you reinvest the money.

And selling at the right time.

But lets face it, Brentford are a million miles ahead of us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How many season ticket holders did we have that signed up during the 4-week window they were last on sale in January 2020? 

Multi year tickets too.

Last season was the second of a two year ticket for me.

So maybe there's a significant and even surprising number 

As to court action to get a refund, I'm renewing come what may so that seems a lot of faff for me to get cash back only to spend it again.

Worth it if you're going to spend it on something else obviously.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

What choice do most have, renew or what..... keep a credit balance, we aren't getting a refund

That looks to be the case. We need someone with a high profile and knowledge of the law to send them a formal letter about this disgraceful behaviour. Come and watch your club in a humiliated ruined state or forgo your money for last season and part of the previous one.

• Like 1
  • Love 1