Jump to content

BREAKING : Barry Bannan - “A lot of people are leaving behind the scenes. It’s not a great place to be at the minute”


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

 

See, this is where we probably differ mate. I prefer people are straight talking and say it how it is, and if that upsets people, tough. 


Its all about context. Seems like a parachute rip cord and a flare being pulled to me. Which some people don’t have the luxury of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Judas Atkinson said:

You get nowhere selling your best players, .

Did Brentford not sell their best players? Look what happened to them. 

Sell 1 buy 2 for the price of one. One man doesn't make a team. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

 

He might not have known in detail the problems at the club but being captain and in and around the club on the inside most days he must got a vibe that we were up s*** creek without a paddle.


Yes even supporters knew at the time that we’re in a bad place, which made him signing the contract very strange at the time. But even since then, things have managed to get worse. My guess is Bannan thought we would challenge in league 1 next season, as per Chansiri’s spirited end of season message.  But the reality seems to be he has no money or has given up.  And further sanctions and points deductions are very possible at this stage.  When your captain says he needs to go to the club on Friday to find out what’s actually happening, says it all about the lack of communication and the circus the club has become  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, A47Owl said:

Did Brentford not sell their best players? Look what happened to them. 

Sell 1 buy 2 for the price of one. One man doesn't make a team

 

It might have to next season.

  • Love 1
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Did Brentford not sell their best players? Look what happened to them. 

Sell 1 buy 2 for the price of one. One man doesn't make a team. 

 

They had a plan and knew who they wanted

 

Our recruitment team couldn't identify a dog at Crufts

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its a critical time for the club, good leadership is essential right now.  At a minimum pay the players and be present every day providing reassurance and a concrete plan for rebuilding.

 

Chansiri couldn't provide leadership even when he was pouring money in hoping for promotion.  He isn't capable of providing it now while we in this situation.  That is why the club captain is crying for help.  It really is disgraceful, but not surprising.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Therealrealist
14 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:


Yes even supporters knew at the time that we’re in a bad place, which made him signing the contract very strange at the time. But even since then, things have managed to get worse. My guess is Bannan thought we would challenge in league 1 next season, as per Chansiri’s spirited end of season message.  But the reality seems to be he has no money or has given up.  And further sanctions and points deductions are very possible at this stage.  When your captain says he needs to go to the club on Friday to find out what’s actually happening, says it all about the lack of communication and the circus the club has become  

Thats the way i see it..when bannan signed his new deal he was deffo happy to stay..it wasnt signed so we could get a fee for him or any ither nonsense..he was more than happy to stay..looks like something has changed big time..wouldnt surprise me if the club try and force him to go tbh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

 


Let's be honest


Barry Bannan's rushed 'new contract' announcement to cover up and smooth over the bad news of Liam Shaw's move to Celtic was never actually going to materialise into him actually really staying


It was just a rushed panic PR move


Anyone who's worked in PR or press spotted it a mile off


Was obvious

Also a way of getting a bigger fee for him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:


Its all about context. Seems like a parachute rip cord and a flare being pulled to me. Which some people don’t have the luxury of.

 

He's saying it how it is and not sugar coating things to tow the party line. 

 

Which is exactly how it should be. I don't like all this being diplomatic stuff, just hang it all out there so everyone knows what's happening. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Did Brentford not sell their best players? Look what happened to them. 

Sell 1 buy 2 for the price of one. One man doesn't make a team. 

 

Brentford have no ambition :Chansiri:

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

 

He's saying it how it is and not sugar coating things to tow the party line. 

 

Which is exactly how it should be. I don't like all this being diplomatic stuff, just hang it all out there so everyone knows what's happening. 


Well it hasn’t done much good on here.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

 

He was drinking with Rooney in Portugal the other week, so I have put 2 and 2 together. Probably making 5, but thought I'd stick my neck out.

If everyone spotted carousing with Rooney signs for Derby they’ll have a cast of thousands (many of which will be geriatric hookers 😳)

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Usual suspects on here telling us its all nothing to worry about.

 

Despite our club Captain telling us we should all be worried.

 

 

 

I reckon most of these Chansiri lovers are Blades

I'm usually in the "nothing to worry about" camp but not this time, even for s Scotsman he seemed very dour about the club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...