BREAKING : Barry Bannan - “A lot of people are leaving behind the scenes. It’s not a great place to be at the minute”

54 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Disagree. If he doesn’t get a move then he might end up staying here and it’s counter productive for him as much as anyone else.

So what are your expectations of Barry here?

It isn’t a secret that the club is f*cked. It is public information that we are in a financial mess and of course have just been relegated. It is known to the PFA that there have been issues with absent wages.

You want BB to lie about that and say everything’s great in service of signing new players? Why? Why ask that of him? 

The clubs problems aren’t his fault and he is under no obligation to lie about it to protect the clubs interests. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I suspect he wasn’t aware how bad the club really was when he signed the contract 

He might not have known in detail the problems at the club but being captain and in and around the club on the inside most days he must got a vibe that we were up s*** creek without a paddle.

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's be honest

Barry Bannan's rushed 'new contract' announcement to cover up and smooth over the bad news of Liam Shaw's move to Celtic was never actually going to materialise into him actually really staying

It was just a rushed panic PR move

Anyone who's worked in PR or press spotted it a mile off

Was obvious

Classic tactic. Release some good news to burying the bad news released on the same day 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Ahh just on my lunch break and thought I’d see what was happening in the world of Sheffield Wednesday.

Shock horror! More bad news. 

Club captain slating the club in public. Fantastic! 

Or just being honest as no one else at the club is saying anything.

Bannan saying it like it is - it's actually in the club's best interests (the CLUBS - not Chansiri's but that's fine because I support SWFC and not Chansiri Ltd)

If more players had spoken out over the last 3 or 4 years like Barry Bannan has we wouldnt' have been relegated, it would have opened those fans eyes up that thought things were rosy under Chansiri, and the club would be better off then it is now

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Ahh just on my lunch break and thought I’d see what was happening in the world of Sheffield Wednesday.

Shock horror! More bad news. 

Club captain slating the club in public. Fantastic! 

He's not 'slating the club' at all in any way shape or form

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I am very concerned about the state of the club.

I made a comment that I don’t think these kind of comments from the club captain really help us come through it as well as possible.

Not suitable for binary owlstalk 

Honestly how have you tried to turn this into a Barry Bannan bashing?

You rather he lie and say everything is fine and dandy?

Incredible. The lengths the Chansiri fans will go to defend his shambolic running of the club have no boundaries. 

‘Club captain says club is in a bad way’

*ignores the fact the club captain thinks the club is fecked and blames club captain for being honest instead*

lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

So what are your expectations of Barry here?

It isn’t a secret that the club is f*cked. It is public information that we are in a financial mess and of course have just been relegated. It is known to the PFA that there have been issues with absent wages.

You want BB to lie about that and say everything’s great in service of signing new players? Why? Why ask that of him? 

The clubs problems aren’t his fault and he is under no obligation to lie about it to protect the clubs interests. 

Not at all. Lie? It doesn’t have to be that extreme so you’re putting words in my mouth there.

Hes club captain and he could’ve said everything about going back and seeing what the future holds other than saying it wasn’t a great place to be and that there are a lot of people leaving and generally having the face on. 

I get he’s probably not been paid and isn’t happy. But it’s not helpful for those who are staying here. That’s pretty much all I am saying.

• Like 1

It was hyperbole. But it’s a media friendly way of the club captain saying the ‘club is fecked’.

Great start to a Monday. 

Why shouldn't he say it how it is? 

The supporters know we are screwed 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Not at all. Lie? It doesn’t have to be that extreme so you’re putting words in my mouth there.

Hes club captain and he could’ve said everything about going back and seeing what the future holds other than saying it wasn’t a great place to be and that there are a lot of people leaving and generally having the face on. 

I get he’s probably not been paid and isn’t happy. But it’s not helpful for those who are staying here. That’s pretty much all I am saying.

He could say a whole lot worse by the sounds. Well done to him. Us fans deserve answers 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

See, this is where we probably differ mate. I prefer people are straight talking and say it how it is, and if that upsets people, tough. 

• Like 2

Honestly how have you tried to turn this into a Barry Bannan bashing?

You rather he lie and say everything is fine and dandy?

Incredible. The lengths the Chansiri fans will go to defend his shambolic running of the club have no boundaries. 

‘Club captain says club is in a bad way’

*ignores the fact the club captain thinks the club is fecked and blames club captain for being honest instead*

lol

“Chansiri fans”

Now thats hyperbole. another example of how many on this website seem to want to put posters and their opinions in a certain camp. Which needn’t be the case.

As I’ve said many times on here Chansiri is not up the job but it doesn’t absolve everyone else from some criticism from time to time. I’m more interested in how the club comes through this whoever is the owner and it’s like death by 1000 cuts, some of which can be avoided such as this am.