BREAKING : Barry Bannan - “A lot of people are leaving behind the scenes. It’s not a great place to be at the minute”

3 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

We will be fortunate to put a team out for any pre-season friendlies…

Don't worry, we'll be playing against Celtic and Shaw is bound to get sent off to equal the numbers out.

2 hours ago, The General said:

He's off isn't he?

The General

Most likely.

Unfortunately, we will need him off the wage bill and I doubt that he wants to slug it out in league 1, with the squad we are probably going to end up with.

Sad times.

23 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Who is going to pay Sheffield Wednesday a decent fee for anyone or anything in the current climate.

Everyone and their mum knows we are in the mire financially and will hardball us into submission. 

What was agreed when signing the new contract and reality are not necessarily the same thing

Let's be honest

Barry Bannan's rushed 'new contract' announcement to cover up and smooth over the bad news of Liam Shaw's move to Celtic was never actually going to materialise into him actually really staying

It was just a rushed panic PR move

Anyone who's worked in PR or press spotted it a mile off

Was obvious

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop

It's all not surprising. I don't expect him in the team come the start of the season. Wonder if there's more stories to come out. If we somehow can avoid League Two I'd take that. Mid-table would be something. For certain, I don't see an automatic promotion push with Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth etc in there. So much to be done players wise. And as yet there's been nothing. Just players leaving or posturing that way. Again we see the glorious leader doing nothing. I said this at the end of the season. There was some good chance we would be left woefully short with hardly anybody through the door. He fell well short going into last season, and there's good chance he will do the same this time round. And who would blame Moore for walking if that's what he has? Players due in for training and regarding building a squad we have heard nothing of substance. Don't get your hopes up. It's looking bleak. 

Totally expecting a blanket being put over pre-season coverage as I get the feeling there will be some IC players who won’t turn up for training? Feel

sorry for Moore,  trying to prepare a team with all this going on?

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 12.00.43.jpg

Understand if he goes, that can be said for any player in the current circumstances. 

However that's not to say I dont want him to stay, Bannan's a super little footballer, I've enjoyed watching him play football, he's also been a terrific ambassador for the club. 

• Like 4

Not having a right go at Barry Bannan but it really shouldn't have come as a surprise to him being in League 1 when he signed his contract.

Also he did know they were issues paying the wages when he signed.

He is a decent Championship player so if he wants to go they will be another club willing to sign him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Moore might not want him to be fair. He could probably put the money to better use on 2-3 players. 

The people leaving comment stands out. If it’s true Paxo is off he could’ve been the middleman between Bannan and the Chairman. If the Pulis saga told us anything it’s that Bannan has a direct line to Chansiri. 

Stuff like this can only aid us in the long run imo. It’s about time people started pulling the plasters off at Hillsborough. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not having a right go at Barry Bannan but it really shouldn't have come as a surprise to him being in League 1 when he signed his contract.

He is a decent Championship player so if he wants to go they will be another club willing to sign him.

It wouldn't surprise me if he signed his new deal on the proviso that he'd be allowed to leave if we got relegated as we'd get a fee, but on happening DC has reneged on that deal

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I suspect he wasn’t aware how bad the club really was when he signed the contract 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

BB always comes across as an honest bloke, sounds a bit fed up of the uncertainty behind the scenes and took the opportunity to have a public dig, fair play to him. 

And let's just say that a Portuguese birdy told me Patterson is fuming about the situation and is one of those that has handed in his written notice. 

But remember, Chansiri promised short-term changes and yet here we are, a week away from returning to pre-season training and still an absolute circus behind the scenes.

And let's just say that a Portuguese birdy told me Patterson is fuming about the situation and is one of those that has handed in his written notice. 

finally some good news …..

• Haha 1