BREAKING : Barry Bannan - “A lot of people are leaving behind the scenes. It’s not a great place to be at the minute”

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I don't believe it is the captains responsibility to ensure the club is an appealing prospect for new players.

Certainly not as far as trying to sell the club is concerned, in the face of the public knowledge that we have just been relegated, don't currently have a first team, don't have any money and haven't been paying players properly. 

That's just asking Barry to continue being silently complicit and play along like the Chairman's puppet. Being sick of doing that is probably why we've got this interview. 

Disagree. If he doesn’t get a move then he might end up staying here and it’s counter productive for him as much as anyone else.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Players will not be making a decision on whether to sign for Sheffield Wednesday based on what a player says to the media.

Professional players and agents will be far more aware of the exact position of the club than we will. None of them are thinking what a great time this would be to sign for our club only to changed their minds based on something like this.

It all counts 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Pre season will be put back beyond Friday. Chansiri won’t want the players who don’t show up, to become public knowledge. If it does get underway, there won’t be more than Six players with any first team experience there.

I think you’ll find that players usually are asked to turn up a day or two before pre-season officially season starts (28th June) to undertake fitness test ahead of pre-season training starting?

The reality is we are a League 1 club, with a League 1 budget. We must try to get our high end Championship earners out of the club, however good they may be. It's not moving players on at the right time that has significantly contributed to our current predicament. The requirement is for us as it is for all maybe except the top 6 premier league teams in this country, to be able to replace them with players who can deliver what we need at a lower cost. If they come in and do well, they can command more money, move them on, hopefully with a fee coming in and then replace them again, gradually improving our league position.

It's the inability to move players on and then adequately replace them that is the root cause of our problems.

Unfortunately it's time for Bannan to move on, unless he's prepared to play for a league 1 wage.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Of course Bannan is not THE problem. 

Nor is it necessary or helpful for the dirty washing to be continually aired via the star. Especially via club captain.

No offence but you're chatting nonsense

I'll prove it with these two questions:

1) When was the last time you saw or heard Barry Bannan ever criticise anything at the club

2) What part of this story has anything to do with The Star

No further questions your honour

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Disagree. If he doesn’t get a move then he might end up staying here and it’s counter productive for him as much as anyone else.

Honestly mate - I'd be far far FAR more concerned with the state of the club and stuff going off at it than I would be trying to shoot any messenger that says how bad it is at the club

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No offence but you're chatting nonsense

I'll prove it with these two questions:

1) When was the last time you saw or heard Barry Bannan ever criticise anything at the club

2) What part of this story has anything to do with The Star

No further questions your honour

1) this am

2) star journalist tweeted about it - which is where I heard it

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Sounds like he’s off somewhere to me.

Great player for the club, can only wish him the best and a deserved move if he does manage to land a job elsewhere. Any Championship/PL team should be trying to poach him these days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Honestly mate - I'd be far far FAR more concerned with the state of the club and stuff going off at it than I would be trying to shoot any messenger that says how bad it is at the club

I am very concerned about the state of the club.

I made a comment that I don’t think these kind of comments from the club captain really help us come through it as well as possible.

Not suitable for binary owlstalk 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bluesteel said:

I am very concerned about the state of the club.

I made a comment that I don’t think these kind of comments from the club captain really help us come through it as well as possible.

Not suitable for binary owlstalk 

Don't even start playing the victim here

Barry Bannan NEVER speaks out about the club

For him to do so is a huge issue

Trying to shoot the messenger is just DUMB 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop