SWFC Trust defending Sheffield Wednesday fans who need help with season ticket refunds

Guest Hornsby
11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Dear member

The Trust has publicly welcomed the new season ticket pricing structure, which is a positive step forward in re-engaging the fanbase.

We remain disappointed however that Mr Chansiri is maintaining the position that all monies spent on 20/21 season tickets become credit with no offer of a refund being available. This is further problematic when a member has informed us they have secured refunds from the club on 20/21 season tickets when making a Civil Money Claim before the case reaching County Court. That the members claim for a refund was not allowed to go to court would suggest that the club are aware that legally they are obliged to offer refunds on 20/21 season tickets. 

It is wrong that the club is maintaining a public position on refunds that seems different to the approach been taken in private. Some fans will know how to go about this process to receive their refunds, but some will not, and the latter group will miss out. That is simply not fair.

In a letter sent to the club yesterday (18th June) we have asked the club to respond to a final request to offer refunds on 20/21 season tickets to those supporters who desperately need them by 5pm on Tuesday 22nd June 2021. The reason for the deadline is that the club have assigned an arbitrary deadline of the 28th June before which 20/21 season ticket holders to have exclusive use of credit towards 21/22 season tickets. This might pressure some supporters who wish for a refund into a purchase for fear of losing credit. 

Our action builds upon a previous letter sent by the Trust to SWFC on 12th March 2021 (and countless private conversations we have had with the club long before that) in which we have stated the case for why a refund on 20/21 season tickets should be offered to those who wanted one. The position that refunds on 20/21 season tickets should be offered was also adopted by the Engagement Panel in a meeting on 27th March 2021. 

There are many supporters for whom the last fifteen months will have brought drastic changes to their circumstances. They may desperately need the money having lost employment. Circumstances might have changed meaning they can no longer use a season ticket in the 21/22 season.

Many will wish to leave their money within the club – we support such a position – we understand the financial position at the club, but for others a refund could prove a vital financial lifeline. It is to each supporter to make an individual choice based on their circumstances. The Trust believes that the club making the offer to refund will be received positively by the fan base as a whole and will help to rebuild the level of trust that is so badly needed. 

If we do not receive a positive response from the club, and the outcome of the Trust member survey on Saturday supports the Trust taking stronger action on season ticket refunds, then the Trust will share with members how to exercise their legal rights to secure a refund on 20/21 season tickets through a Civil Money Claim. This can work as our member has proved. Although the Trust are not legal experts, it is possible a Civil Money Claim might work for those still requiring a refund on 19/20 season tickets, and refunds on the Bristol City away game from March 2020, if they desperately need the cash. 

This is not about collective protest or damaging the club. It is about basic fairness and ensuring those members who need help can get it. We have offered Mr Chansiri many opportunities to do the right thing. The majority of fans who can afford it leave their money in the club eager to attend matches next season, but we also have a responsibility to try to help Trust members who need our support. 

We will update Trust members on this after 5pm on Tuesday 22 June.

More great Trust work. Please join.

As discussed, Small Claims Court on line is easy and suggest when Trust mention County Court, this is just the formal arena  for this simple procedure.

And you rarely get there. Normally, a guilty defendant like Owls here  cave in way before court.

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

if you owe somone money your first priority should be to pay them back but when you owe to your customers AND  staff who do you pay first?.........i dont know the answer .

Staff in a normal business first, if the staff of Sheffield Wednesday had been paid on time last season we might well have not got relegated.

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

if you owe somone money your first priority should be to pay them back but when you owe to your customers AND  staff who do you pay first?.........i dont know the answer .

But he's MINTED
It's only the EFL that have stopped him spending his money remember
That's what his followers and fans have told us the last 5 years

So he could just go into his personal savings and pay what he owes

If he cared I'm sure hw would have done that

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

On 19/06/2021 at 20:28, Manwë said:

We'll done to the Trust.

Also very good to hear that fans who have taken action against Wednesday have succeeded in getting a refund rather than a credit note.  

Some fans will ***** and moan, but some will want their money back because they are skint or simply as a matter of principle.  

Sheffield Wednesday need to operate within the law whether it's inconvenient or not.   

Very well done. It's a disgrace.

5 minutes ago, maidstoneowl said:

I got told.

Fish Fraud only came to here and buy club so boy could go through posh english school.  He wanted to buy cheap and sell big price once kid finish school and uni

Kid stay at posh school and fish fraud now lose intrest.  Still want for £70 millions at lowest cost to sell.

Maurice tell me this and used to work club.

Who is Maurice what endeavours did he undertake at club.?

• Haha 1

Guest Hornsby
21 hours ago, markg said:

tried using the online small claims court form but it comes up with an error saying that I can't use the service based on the answers that i've selected.

Do persist mate, Citizens Advice can assist for legal advice free.

You can also claim on a form from your local County Court.

All very informal , but club will cave in again anyway before too long in process.

6 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Do persist mate, Citizens Advice can assist for legal advice free.

You can also claim on a form from your local County Court.

All very informal , but club will cave in again anyway before too long in process.

Thank you very much.

I hate having to do this against the club i've supported all my life. But I can't see any other way of getting the money back whilst DC is in charge. 

Guest Hornsby
2 minutes ago, markg said:

Thank you very much.

I hate having to do this against the club i've supported all my life. But I can't see any other way of getting the money back whilst DC is in charge. 

We all hate what Chansiri doing to club and fans mate.

Apart from Trust member on here, suspect loads of supporters successfully gone down this route.

If you go via paper route, most County Court clerks really friendly and will often check application to see all ok.

Good luck.

Good move from the Trust.

It would have been nice if ALL fans decided to stick together and refuse any season ticket for next season until each and every fan owed a refund from the previous seasons were given one. Seems people don't realise by continuing to financially support the club, they are merely enabling Mr Chansiri and his destruction of our club - whether they like to admit it or not. The sooner he's out, the sooner we will have our club back.

He personally won't get another penny from me until he f*cks off from our club.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
11 hours ago, owls66 said:

Good move from the Trust.

It would have been nice if ALL fans decided to stick together and refuse any season ticket for next season until each and every fan owed a refund from the previous seasons were given one. Seems people don't realise by continuing to financially support the club, they are merely enabling Mr Chansiri and his destruction of our club - whether they like to admit it or not. The sooner he's out, the sooner we will have our club back.

He personally won't get another penny from me until he f*cks off from our club.

Mate, all fans don't understand their legal rights to refunds and club trying to mug them don't help.

Trust doing a good job here.

On 22/06/2021 at 20:51, TheGaffer said:

Where are we with this? The deadline has passed hasn't it? 

Hoping we'll get an update from the Trust today on this. I had expected it to be similar to the statement released following relegation in that it was pre prepared and ready to be issued at 5.01pm yesterday 

4 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

Hoping we'll get an update from the Trust today on this. I had expected it to be similar to the statement released following relegation in that it was pre prepared and ready to be issued at 5.01pm yesterday 

I'm same emailed club other day due to change in circumstances and had the FAQ sent back I replied to say sorry not good enough. 

I think the worry is that people who "don't want to attend" will cause a run on club. 

Let's see what the next response is. Might try small claims if not.

Brilliant from our trust to do this. The more people within the club speak out about the doings from that pr1ck named chansiri the better.

Was speaking to a dingle friend about this and them who wanted refunds got them but most didn't want them because they respect their owner and the staff at their football club. Chansiri could of had that respect from our lot but he lost it from a few the very moment he started throwing toys out of the pram every time he was quoted on something. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

Dear Member,

The Trust has made three formal requests to the club for the club to establish a refunds process for 20/21 season ticket holders, particularly for those fans whose personal or financial circumstances have changed since they bought the 20/21 season ticket and now feel they need a full refund. We anticipate this to be a small group of people, but nonetheless they may have a legitimate issue they wish to pursue. The club has so far not established a refunds process.

We fully support the case for supporters to leave their money in the club and we hope that if fans can afford to, they will do it as this will help the club’s financial position. We encourage those fans who can do this to please do so. However, we also believe we have a responsibility to provide information to Trust members who feel that they are not able to do this.

We have some information provided to us by a Trust member who did receive a refund on his 20/21 season ticket, the information outlines the process he followed. If you would like to receive a copy of this information, on a strictly confidential basis, please email the Trust at enquiries@swfctrust.co.uk and we will provide you with the information by return.

The Trust does not provide legal advice of any kind.  In this instance the Trust is merely providing information to our members with respect to 20/21 season ticket refunds.  Any member who wishes to explore their options with respect to unrefunded 20/21 season tickets should seek independent legal advice from a suitably qualified professional.

For the avoidance of any doubt, with respect to the Trust’s position regarding refunds for 20/21 season tickets, we wish to make it clear that:

The Trust is NOT taking legal action against the club on this matter.

The Trust is NOT suggesting or recommending that anyone commences legal action against the club on this matter. That is a matter for the individual concerned.

Even at this late stage we still hope that the club will introduce a process to allow season ticket holders who believe they have a good case for a refund to make that case and to have their claim properly considered.

I sincerely hope the Trust got the wording of that email approved by ALL members of the Supporter Engagement group :rolleyes:

Guest Hornsby

Citizens Advice Bureau will give free legal advice. Also check your household insurance policy, sometimes covers legal expenses and often have free legal line for advice.