SWFC Trust defending Sheffield Wednesday fans who need help with season ticket refunds

The mess that Clueless has created goes from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Can you just imagine the headlines if this goes to court as a class action.

If ever further proof were needed that the man is a charlatan without honour who should be hounded from the game, this is it.

• Like 8

We'll done to the Trust.

Also very good to hear that fans who have taken action against Wednesday have succeeded in getting a refund rather than a credit note.  

Some fans will ***** and moan, but some will want their money back because they are skint or simply as a matter of principle.  

Sheffield Wednesday need to operate within the law whether it's inconvenient or not.   

• Like 7

The trust should just share it’s “How to” details regardless. The Civil Money Claim looks straightforward online although it seems there may be a small fee to pay which could prove an obstacle to some.

The more momentum this claim route gathers the better.

6 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

I'd sue chansiri for every last penny if I was owed a refund 

Then send him the bill for the court costs too 

Chansiri has had it too easy from the fans and it's time he gets a dose of reality 

The blokes scum , he really is 

I imagine losing 300 million and devaluing the club hugely in the process is a dose of reality... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I imagine losing 300 million and devaluing the club hugely in the process is a dose of reality... 

Wow. I didn't actually think there were still people out there who believed the £300m quote. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Wow. I didn't actually think there were still people out there who believed the £300m quote. 

Well.. whatever. I mean it must be a decent sum. The point is..  I think the reality is a lot of dollar down the toilet. Thatd certainly make me think... 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

I'm now only TWELVE DAYS short of the 1st anniversary of me requesting my ST refund for the 2019/20 season. Still not received my money, so I am going to look into the civil money claim route now. 

It's not a fortune I'm owed, and I don't need the money, but it's the principle. They are taking the p155 now. 

Same here. Really fooked off now, 1 year and counting to pay back 155 quid, absolute joke. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Well:

30m initial outlay

Least 4 seasons losing 30m 

1.5 seasons probably lost 20m

60m for stadium

I'd suggest hes chucked away 200m not 300m. But still.

27 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Well:

30m initial outlay

Least 4 seasons losing 30m 

1.5 seasons probably lost 20m

60m for stadium

I'd suggest hes chucked away 200m not 300m. But still.

But the £60m never changed hand it was a made up valuation that allowed us to avoid a point deduction. That we got anyway.

If the club has filed the forms correctly, set up a company to buy the stadium, that existed at the time of the transaction and for any of the £60m to physically ever be paid to the club, they could have argue for it. But in true DC fashion he came out ranting when trying to fleece fans for the first 1867 idea, to say 6 months after the date he allegedly sold the stadium we would break FFP by a 8 figure sum, suggest that the transaction for the stadium had not happen at that point.

I suspect he has lost in the region of £150m but what's the saying 'a fool and his money are easily parted'.

It takes a certain level of fool to spend that amount of money and 6 year  later still not have a ******** clue what he is doing.

• Like 3

Guest LondonOwl313

Can see why he’s not refunding, it’s like a run on the bank where if everyone tries to take their money out at the same time it collapses.

They should just level with everyone and say look, if you really, really need the cash then write to us but otherwise we’d be grateful if you could accept it as credit.

Communication is awful

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Can see why he’s not refunding, it’s like a run on the bank where if everyone tries to take their money out at the same time it collapses.

They should just level with everyone and say look, if you really, really need the cash then write to us but otherwise we’d be grateful if you could accept it as credit.

Communication is awful

And that’s a big part of the problem. Maybe people would be more sympathetic to chansiri if he actually told us what’s happening.

i have had nothing from the club, other than an acknowledgement email of my request one year ago. 

I emailed the club last week. No reply.

So I think come next week I will take this route. It’s no longer about the money, it’s the fact that he refuses to tell us what’s happening. I’m getting to the point now where I think things need to come to a head.

Well done to the Trust for upping the stakes. Got to happen I’m afraid.

• Like 6
  • Love 2