ENGLAND vs SCOTLAND - Official Matchday Thread

2 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

i genuinely envy you, it just frustrated the hell out of me and I'm rooting for Belgium!😀

I don't get frustrated with England unless I believe they are capable.

Watch it and just enjoy the game for me.

International football, particularly England, generally bores me to tears, this game was no different. 

I don't watch EPL, so spent most of the game thinking how overrated and overpriced England players are having seen them play.

• Like 1

Just now, Owls-Fan said:

Grealish, Rashford and Sancho should be getting more game time than they are doing.  Not sure why Sterling deserves a start and why England need 2 defensive midfielders 

I said in the thread in the general football forum that Southgate should have picked Ward-Prowse for the squad because Rice, Henderson and Phillips are too alike. 

• Like 2

Just now, shandypants said:

I said in the thread in the general football forum that Southgate should have picked Ward-Prowse for the squad because Rice, Henderson and Phillips are too alike. 

Yes Ward-prowse (and Ings) should have been picked instead of 4 right backs, and 3 defensive midfielders.  Playing Scotland tonight they just needed 1 defensive midfielder with Mount and Foden alongside and then Grealish, Sancho and Kane/Rashford up top 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deadpuppies said:

Defintely doesn't include Kane or Sterling

I'd have started Sterling tonight but not next time. 

I'd start Sancho / Rashford for Sterling and Calvert Lewin for Kane and Grealish  for Rice

12 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Grealish, Rashford and Sancho should be getting more game time than they are doing.  Not sure why Sterling deserves a start and why England need 2 defensive midfielders 

This, the more I think about it, this 100%