Possible return for Sheffield Wednesday LEGEND?

41 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Indeed he had a good end to the season playing for a new deal then was complete gash when some fool gave him a 2 year deal.

But it could be worse he could have paid him £40k a week to sit in the stands while the manager played midfielders up front and get relegated.

Nonsense.

Last season without Nuhiu we didnt come back once in a game to get a result.  

The season before, those extra points he won us late on - Leeds, Fulham etc - we didnt have them last season and went down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I never understood the disdain for this man. Model professional, never moaned, kept himself fit, gave his all, loved Wednesday, loved the fans, helped young players, accepted his role, wasn't too expensive, helped out at corners (heading away especially). 

What more can you ask of a player?

Also an excellent human being, and a better footballer than many gave him credit for, opposing defenders and managers hated him. Came up with some important goals too.

If we'd had 11 Atdhes playing last season we wouldn't have gone down.

I'd welcome him back.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

So many here with their negative comments about him. How many points did we drop late on? How many points did we gain late on? I’ve no doubt Nuhiu would’ve earned us the handful of points to keep us up last season. Instead we kept bringing on the likes of Kachunga and Brown ffs. 

So although he couldn't hit a barn door for APOEL in Cypriot first division some think he'll do a good job for us in League One? I think some of us have forgotten just how tough the English third tier is. Way tougher than the league he's just been deemed not good enough for in my opinion, I lived over there for a while and saw it first hand. There's no room for sentiment, he's had his day with Wednesday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1