Possible return for Sheffield Wednesday LEGEND?

Guest Therealrealist

We offered him a new deal..he turnrd it down..now that micky mouse outfit have got rid he will be beggin us for a return...and no doubt we will oblige🙄..

A hero and a legend.

The soul of the club left when he went to Cyprus.

No coincidence that we conceded so many late goals, and of course never came back from a goal down.  We released our only plan B.

If we had any money to pay him, I would bring him back in a heartbeat. Given we dont have any money to even buy his bus fare from cyprus - this is a non starter like any other signing.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

15 goals next season in League One - EASY

(We'd not even BE in League One if we'd kept him)

The latter being a very bold claim. We struggled for goals yes but we were mentally weak and had no ability to come back from losing positions.

Seems unlikely. But I'd certainly have him back (subject to fitness etc). Anyone who thinks it likely we'll recruit better strikers is struggling to recognise reality. 

I have never understood how the reality that he is a limited but effective squad player at championship level, bought on the cheap, was so difficult for a few people to understand. He would be one of the better strikers in the third division - which, in case people need reminding, is where we shall be playing next season

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The worrying stat is though any of our players who scored a goal last season are now more prolific strikers that Nuihu he managed a whacking 0 goals in 23 appearance so they that mean

Liam Palmer is a better striker, Julian Borner is also better, Tom Lees is also better, as is Hutch, Shaw and the last one will shock you Kachunga.

Adthe was a good striker 5 season ago but he has been awful since. The thing I don't get with him is he looks like he is carrying so much extra weight, when we signed him first time round he looked more Peter Crouch than David Hirst.

If he was to come back on low wages and lose a lot of the weight, get match fit to be able to play consistent 90 minutes without needing on site resuscitator equipment, then give him a chance (I cannot believe I said that we must be seriously disparate for anyone)lol

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The worrying stat is though any of our players who scored a goal last season are now more prolific strikers that Nuihu he managed a whacking 0 goals in 23 appearance so they that mean

Liam Palmer is a better striker, Julian Borner is also better, Tom Lees is also better, as is Hutch, Shaw and the last one will shock you Kachunga.

Adthe was a good striker 5 season ago but he has been awful since. The thing I don't get with him is he looks like he is carrying so much extra weight, when we signed him first time round he looked more Peter Crouch than David Hirst.

If he was to come back on low wages and lose a lot of the weight, get match fit to be able to play consistent 90 minutes without needing on site resuscitator equipment, then give him a chance (I cannot believe I said that we must be seriously disparate for anyone)lol

very slim nowadays.

he didnt score any goals in the Carlos second season.

He then single handedly kept us up the following season once all of our 30k a week players discovered fortnite and decided they would rather lie down on the treatment table doing battle royales rather than play for Jos.

• Like 1

Wouldnt be the worst signing for League One if true.

Part of me would love us to offer him a contract for him turn it down citing the small number of our fans who boo him as the reason. I still dont think they would get it even then though

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mcmigo said:

very slim nowadays.

he didnt score any goals in the Carlos second season.

He then single handedly kept us up the following season once all of our 30k a week players discovered fortnite and decided they would rather lie down on the treatment table doing battle royales rather than play for Jos.

Indeed he had a good end to the season playing for a new deal then was complete gash when some fool gave him a 2 year deal.

But it could be worse he could have paid him £40k a week to sit in the stands while the manager played midfielders up front and get relegated.

I think he'd be an instant improvement on what we have, while also being a damning statement on the lack of any thought process or planning as to how the club is run. Exactly like Hutch. 

Releasing players then 6-12 months later bringing them back.. at a lower level.. for gods sake.