Millwall Prepare Windass Bid - Sky Sports

2 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Until he gets to the end of his contact and we release him

Yeah, but Chansiri and these players are like a family.....all 6 of them, so he won't want anybody to leave the club! That's why Reda Johnsons coming back, to chain the bugga to the radiator.

Guest Andy W
10 hours ago, Manwë said:

Imagine if we got £1.5m.  With the Shaw money, the Uroghide potential money, we'd only owe another £10m in wages (not including this months pay) if reports are true.

We're no longer selling players to invest in the squad.  We're selling to pay standard business outgoings.  This is what risky gambling looks like.

The penny is slowly dropping for those who doubt it...we are totally and utterly royally screwed...there is no coming back, no future. It is fascinating and sad in equal measure to see when the trapdoor will finally open...its when not if.

And it is totally of our own making so no one to blame but ourselves

It has been sometimes good, sometimes bad supporting this club, bit it's soon to end in the most terrible way

Only a game though eh?

9 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

If we were buying him, how much would you want us to pay for him?

I wouldn’t think I’d want us to be going above £250k.

As a League One club, we wouldn't be in a position to buy him.

We reportedly paid somewhere in the region of £500k for him last year, which seems a great bit of business to me. In normal circumstances he's worth that several times over, but a combination of covid and our own perilous financial position might suppress any offers. If several Championship clubs are interested though, then hopefully that will work in our favour.

My worry in all this is that Chansiri might force Windass to stay against his wishes, which rarely ends well. We don't know at this point, of course, but if he wants to leave then we simply have to get the best fee possible and move on.

I'd love it if Windass were still a Wednesday player next season, but the reality is that's looking increasingly unlikely.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Think we paid around £400,000 didn't we? And we purchased him from Wigan who had also been relegated at the time, so similar situation.

But he hadn't really done anything the season at Wigan prior to us signing him on a permanent, and 9 goals and a decent number of assists last season, surely we could get between £1-2million?

Just been a weird signing, as half way through the season he was being linked with a move away already, his dad was constantly talking to the media talking about him going to Hull and other clubs, so I don't think he's done us any favours if he's possibly his agent too? 

Again, poo we haven't given him a contract extension as well, because if he got to January with us in League 1 and was firing on all cylinders, we could have got a much more decent fee for him! Oh well

3 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Think we paid around £400,000 didn't we? And we purchased him from Wigan who had also been relegated at the time, so similar situation.

But he hadn't really done anything the season at Wigan prior to us signing him on a permanent, and 9 goals and a decent number of assists last season, surely we could get between £1-2million?

Just been a weird signing, as half way through the season he was being linked with a move away already, his dad was constantly talking to the media talking about him going to Hull and other clubs, so I don't think he's done us any favours if he's possibly his agent too? 

Again, poo we haven't given him a contract extension as well, because if he got to January with us in League 1 and was firing on all cylinders, we could have got a much more decent fee for him! Oh well

He might not want to sign a contract extension, though I doubt he’s been offered one. Who in their right mind, would want to tie themselves to this circus for any longer?

I’m not sure Windass, Bannan or Paterson fit into a 4231 formation. Windass possibly as one of the 3 behind a striker. That paired with the fact they are all saleable assets and high earners would see them all offloaded for me. 

£3-4m in fees, and £40-50k per week off the wage bill likely allows us to go out and bring in 4-5 very good league one players and still be better off financially. 

Whilst I understand hesitation of selling your better players, it’s what you need to do to be sustainable. Look at Brentford’s, Barnsley’s etc. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Struggle to buy a forward that’s just scored 9 goals for a relegated team for £250k

• Like 1