Millwall Prepare Windass Bid - Sky Sports

We finally may buy low sell high, well higher! I’d love to see Windass rip league  one up, but after years of turning down profitable bids on our players to watch them stagnate and walk away for free, I think we need to cash in. 

Whilst Windass won’t be on crazy wages, I’m sure his wage could bring in a player or two that are good league one standard. 

• Like 1

Why don't Millwall just ask him to hand in his 14 days notice, get him for free and they give him the wages Wednesday owe him as a signing on fee? 

That way they save themselves having to pay a transfer fee. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Prince said:

Legalities I imagine, such as sell on clauses and payment terms?

I’d have thought that stuff gets sorted once a deal is agreed in principle. 

Guest Mcguigan
22 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Whatever the fee, isn’t it general practice to be paid in instalments? So, if we sold for £1.5m, we might only get £500k to pay our bills.

And we probably still owe Wigan £250k+.

9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Why don't Millwall just ask him to hand in his 14 days notice, get him for free and they give him the wages Wednesday owe him as a signing on fee? 

That way they save themselves having to pay a transfer fee. 

Even if he hands his notice in, he can't play for another cub because SWFC hold his registration

44 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Won’t they just say; tell the PFA about not being paid; get out of the contract, and we’ll give you cash instead of the transfer fee to the club. 

I guess that could be a possibility.

If he did that he would look like a right rat deserting a sinking ship.

The squad that turns up for the first day

of pre-season training will be interesting. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightly if some 2nd year academy scholars were drafted in for first team pre-season training?

Guest Andy W
1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

Why would Windass want to move to Millwall?!

Oh yeah, the wages thing...

Plus he'd be leaving our shitshow...win win

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Anyone know a decent five a side league we can join

Is Pitz still going in Burngreave?  Though there may be issues with quality at that level.  We might not qualify.

Had his contract had longer to run, I'd keep him. But anything around £2m is good business. Maybe, not best for the team in the short term, but we are where we are becuase we've not sold players and chucked good money away, therefore would be hypocritical of me to critisise Chansiri (if he is sold) for doing what he should have in the past and selling players at the peak of their value.

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

How do you “prepare a bid” for a player? What does that entail apart from plugging the fax in?

13 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Also why do the press always say “ preparing to make a bid”. What are they doing firing up the fax machine. Either make a bid or buggery off. 

We need more fax machine posts

Owlstalk Shop