Millwall Prepare Windass Bid - Sky Sports

I like him a lot and no doubt he will be huge for us next season if he stays. However if we get a decent offer say 2 million plus then he's got to go. Same with any of our players. It's a sad state of affairs created by the chairman but it feels like we need to get as much money into the club as we can and as quickly as possible. 

I think he’s the sort of player that will do well in league 1; so we‘ll sell him and loan a player from Italy or Portugal that hates cold weather and being clogged around the pitch by rough L1 defenders. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wmb said:

I like him a lot and no doubt he will be huge for us next season if he stays. However if we get a decent offer say 2 million plus then he's got to go. Same with any of our players. It's a sad state of affairs created by the chairman but it feels like we need to get as much money into the club as we can and as quickly as possible. 

Definitely 

We have a 7 million pound rent bill to pay next month don’t we?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I think he’s the sort of player that will do well in league 1; so we‘ll sell him and loan a player from Italy or Portugal that hates cold weather and being clogged around the pitch by rough L1 defenders. 

That's something we definitely won't do, as work permit rules mean we could never sign such a player 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I see people saying he is worth about £2m.

But I cant see Millwall or any other Championship club forking out £2m is the present circumstances.

Probably be about half that as we need the money quick.

Won’t they just say; tell the PFA about not being paid; get out of the contract, and we’ll give you cash instead of the transfer fee to the club. 

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

That's something we definitely won't do, as work permit rules mean we could never sign such a player 

That's not strictly true.  Wednesday could easily sign an youngster who has played in Italy, Spain or Germany et al.   It's a points based system (always was for those outside of the EU, now EU and Non-EU have the same* points system applied).  It depends on the league the player has played in, the amount of minutes played, youth tournaments taken into account etc.

We haven't got any strikers as it is, but he's the closest we have to one, and probably our only saleable asset.

Think he'll go, but we shouldn't accept the first offer, as if Fulham are interested as well, we should try and rinse them for us as much of their parachute payments as we can.

Windass was our best attacking outlet last season and is the kind of player I'd like us to build the team around. Some of the negative comments aimed at him on here at times were bizarre.

Of course, that also means he's the type of player likely to attract attention from elsewhere. 

Unfortunately, the club is in such a mess that we're unlikely to be in any position to resist serious approaches, and will have to console ourselves with a substandard replacement brought in on a free.

Guest gizowl
5 minutes ago, MrEdwards said:

Wouldn't be like Chansiri to sell, I hope he doesn't because I have 0% confidence that we will replace with anything other than the last dregs at the end of the window. 

So demoralising atm knowing any potential sale money ie Windass,Bannan will not be reinvested in team rebuild .What a absolute shambles. Bring back SOS save our owls, at least we had a chairman that spoke to us and the fanbase rallied round and came together. 

If we sell him for £700K, our transfer policy means we’re guaranteed to get 2x incredible players for £350k each. There’s never any reason to bid more than £350k.

I look forward to our announcement that we’ve looked at 300 replacements for Windass, and have settled for a 1 legged camel with lepresy