I think SWFC became desperate for success. MM did his thing fairly openly and we all knew him through his Portsmouth and Leicester dealings. In essence we knew what to expect and he pretty much delivered on it.

We all thought that DC and TUF would bank-roll us into the EFL and start a new era at SWFC - back to were we where in the 90s. Most were tollerant of the weirdness until 2017/18 when it all began to unravel. 

It's been a car crash since, and I think the fans are dazed and now disengaged. It will be like the mid 70s again until he sells the club.

Yes, we should be angry and be protesting but football in this country has gone beyond corporate and ceased to be community based clubs. Not all but most in the tope divisions. We may see more 'traditional' or modern thinking clubs in L1 next season.

• Like 1

A man with money will make friends wherever he goes - and lose them equally quickly when he runs out of money.

Remember the initial welcome DC got at that pre season friendly in York - I think the welcome if he now ever shows up at Hillsborough again might be slightly different !

• Like 3

We were all dazzled by his wealth and, because his family were respected international businessmen, it added credibility to him and his plans. We weren't to know he was reckless, stubborn and would be a car crash of an owner. Hindsight eh ?

• Like 1

I was only talking about that yesterday. My lad sent me this link to it, we were there. In fairness we couldn't possibly have forecast how it's all pan out back then.   ☹️

59 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

A man with money will make friends wherever he goes - and lose them equally quickly when he runs out of money.

Remember the initial welcome DC got at that pre season friendly in York - I think the welcome if he now ever shows up at Hillsborough again might be slightly different !

2 minutes ago, Growl67 said:

I was only talking about that yesterday. My lad sent me this link to it, we were there. In fairness we couldn't possibly have forecast how it's all pan out back then.   ☹️

I thought this was a bit toe curling when I first saw it.

But to be fair to the people that were there it was just a bit of laugh after a few drinks.

Guest Hornsby
3 hours ago, Manwë said:

Honestly, I think the same, and I think it's rooted in our class system.

I think if you were to ask 100 Wednesday fans, a representation of the our fans in general, there'd be a sizeable portion of them who would be against fans (just like them) having any say in running the club, or even a local "two bob millionaire".  I also guess (just a guess), that working class people are more against fans or working-class-done-well being involved than middle class fans who are probably more open to the idea.

Ask the same fans if some random bloke from overseas who promises the earth (but otherwise, no connection to our club/city/county/country) is good enough and he'll do just fine for most.

There is virtually no fan on here or with Trust who couldn't do a good job running club, given £80 million to spend by Daddy.

No  wise Owl would contract a  footy agency to do our recruitment or reject Vardy then for £5 million.

Or let his 12 year old loose.

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think we had been so starved of any success for 20 years that people were dazzled by his money and some fans choose to ignore the chipping away of the clubs traditions.

And some are still dazzled... 

Not sure what all the rationalising / philosophising is about?

Everyone associated with SWFC colluded in the vanity ( (+ greed) project.

DC offered a, subsequently proved to be deluded, ‘promised land’ that everyone CHOSE to buy into including a **** YOU to anything / anyone else adopting(embracing) a ‘we’re all right Jack’ attitude.

’English’ tolerance / subservience my @rse 

Thatcherite avarice - absolutely!

When (if) the next ‘false prophet’ arrives, @S6 ( or anywhere else) everything that has gone before with be forgotten ( ignored) as / when / if  they ‘deliver’ only to be resurrected when the ‘ ambition’ fails or achievements are not maintained

(most) fans & owners are identical - ‘success’ by any means possible, **** the consequences for others as long as ‘we’ are successful