Vanity Project

Could I be your advisor?

I’ve got an idea about an extortionate membership scheme & a mate who could knock up the merchandise is his shed.

Great post, sounds like a bizarre nightmare. Only a complete idiot would actually do those things of course..

lol:Chansiri:

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

I’m going to takeover Valencia football club in Spain.

Im going to immediately increase their ticket prices because they’re very lucky to be watching la liga football and they can’t be contributing enough the financial well-being of the club. 

I’ll run the club from England and turn up for games when we’re doing well and I’m going to put union jacks up on the flagpoles of their stadium (The Mestalla) permanently.  

I’m going to put two British bulldogs at the front door of the stadium.  For luck.  

I’m going to put my surname ‘Cooper’ on their main stand as I can get more money in to the club that way.  More than any other sponsor.

My surname will also be on the team shirts for the same reason.

if we hit financial difficulties I’ll buy the Mestalla and rent it back to the club.

When the queen dies I’m planning to get their fans to watch a 2 minute tribute video to my queen, in silence,  to give their respects to the United Kingdom.  

The fans will all support me because without that support they’ll be responsible for the failures of the club. 

Reckon they’ll go for that?

This scenario in relation to any other club in the world sounds ludicrous and it’s just been allowed to happen here.  I think we’re on the verge of something terrible now but it was rotten from the start.  Were we that desperate for success that the blinkers were on?  Or have we just been taken for mugs by people who don’t care for the history, traditions or fans of the club?

Chansiri Out.

Nailed it - and you could have gone on and on. 

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think England is one of the only countries you could get away with all that for the period of time Chansiri has. Imagine in Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Turkey etc. The fans would hound you out and they wouldn't do it politely. 

Strange that people in England are more acceptable to outsiders from other countries taking over clubs will the promise of spending big money and not kicking off half as much when it turns sour.

You would think because off the longer and deeper history here people would be more resistant to people like Chansiri.

Don't really have a reasonable explanation why.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Strange that people in England are more acceptable to outsiders from other countries taking over clubs will the promise of spending big money and not kicking off half as much when it turns sour.

You would think because off the longer and deeper history here people would be more resistant to people like Chansiri.

I think it's widely recognised in Europe that for all Englands football success, it's 'brand', it has come at a cost. It's been sold to the devil a long time ago. Obviously countries like Italy and Spain are trying to catch up. But amongst so many supporters groups in Europe this just wouldn't be tolerated. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I always assumed English clubs were happy with foreign ownership was because in a lot of cases it resulted in success. Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Leicester etc. Many clubs did well. We saw Chansiri come in, splash some ££s and assumed success would be coming for us too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Strange that people in England are more acceptable to outsiders from other countries

Honestly, I think the same, and I think it's rooted in our class system.

I think if you were to ask 100 Wednesday fans, a representation of the our fans in general, there'd be a sizeable portion of them who would be against fans (just like them) having any say in running the club, or even a local "two bob millionaire".  I also guess (just a guess), that working class people are more against fans or working-class-done-well being involved than middle class fans who are probably more open to the idea.

Ask the same fans if some random bloke from overseas who promises the earth (but otherwise, no connection to our club/city/county/country) is good enough and he'll do just fine for most.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wednesdaywizard said:

I’m going to takeover Valencia football club in Spain.

Im going to immediately increase their ticket prices because they’re very lucky to be watching la liga football and they can’t be contributing enough the financial well-being of the club. 

I’ll run the club from England and turn up for games when we’re doing well and I’m going to put union jacks up on the flagpoles of their stadium (The Mestalla) permanently.  

I’m going to put two British bulldogs at the front door of the stadium.  For luck.  

I’m going to put my surname ‘Cooper’ on their main stand as I can get more money in to the club that way.  More than any other sponsor.

My surname will also be on the team shirts for the same reason.

if we hit financial difficulties I’ll buy the Mestalla and rent it back to the club.

When the queen dies I’m planning to get their fans to watch a 2 minute tribute video to my queen, in silence,  to give their respects to the United Kingdom.  

The fans will all support me because without that support they’ll be responsible for the failures of the club. 

Reckon they’ll go for that?

This scenario in relation to any other club in the world sounds ludicrous and it’s just been allowed to happen here.  I think we’re on the verge of something terrible now but it was rotten from the start.  Were we that desperate for success that the blinkers were on?  Or have we just been taken for mugs by people who don’t care for the history, traditions or fans of the club?

Chansiri Out.

have you thought of w****s for advisors?

48 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

personally feel that english football fans want success and see BIG MONEY into their club as the way to go, a number of other countries quite likely do so too.

but are german clubs run in a cheaper/different/better way?

also in relation to the fans NOT kicking off big style, i find the british public are schooled into accepting 'their lot' much more than a number of other european countries.