Wages STILL not paid??

Just now, @owlstalk said:

If I were to guess it would be that

Heard the same about it being unfit for purpose

We don’t really ever use it tho so would be no issue at all

Yes the concrete staircases are crumbling at the back for the top tier, and the lad just said he's seen workmen pointing  the brickwork at the kop turnstiles this morning.

• Love 1

Just now, Uncle Mort AMB said:

Yes the concrete staircases are crumbling at the back for the top tier, and the lad just said he's seen workmen pointing  the brickwork at the kop turnstiles this morning.

The kop turnstiles really are ancient now aren’t they (the wall along Penistone Road I mean)

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

In fairness repointing is standard maintenance. The other is an absolute sign of the neglect of this club for the past 25 years. Disgusting from all who could have and yet didn't make a difference 

• Like 3

Just now, Uncle Mort AMB said:

They've got to be the original walls the the way brickwork is weathered.

I believe they are, from the construction to the numerous photos I have seen over the years. Any redevelopment of the Kop should incorporate these. Pretty simple to do too. Along with providing long overdue concoursing for that stand itself 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

thats a good point ...who's responsible for the state of  the stadium ?

All roads lead to DC and on that basis they all lead to stoney broke…..

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2

Wasn't it widely reported that part wage  payments were being paid up to £7k per month?

Therefore, why has a 'young pro' only been paid for one week. 

Not defending the indefensible, but doesn't sound right. Could well be knowing Chansiri though.

• Like 1

Just now, striker said:

Wasn't it widely reported that part wage  payments were being paid up to £7k per month?

Therefore, why has a 'young pro' only been paid for one week. 

Not defending the indefensible, but doesn't sound right. Could well be knowing Chansiri though.

“We have young players?”:Chansiri:

DC doesn’t even know those young players exist, that’s how the good ones leave for free……

I heard that the PFA were mediating between the club and players this week, with penalties being imposed if things weren't resolved pronto. So if any wages still aren't being paid at this stage, it isn't looking too promising.  The certificate issue is just another cherry on top of the s h i t cake.

I am glad that I have never once considered quitting alcohol.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Maybe it’s do with the crows nest and why they are removing seats or summat...rumour as it it wer condemned years ago

On a serious note, this has massively impacted DC's plan to sell the stadium to himself again. He anticipated the price would rise to £120m by now, but with the reduced capacity it's looking like it's now worth just £115m.

:Chansiri:

Edited by bobness
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1