What would you ideal be (running the club)

Put in place a system of Football governance that would act in the interests of all relevant parties. Covering, Commercial Broadcasting;  Finance;  Equitable distribution of finance; A wage structure for players and staff at all levels of the professional game; Replace Elite refereeing with a point scoring system by club officials; A draft system from tier 1 to tier 5.

• Commercial Broadcasting revenue distributed thus... 10% to Schools and youth. 10% to tiers 7 to 10. 25% to Prem. 20% to Champ.             15% to L1. 10% to L2. 6% to  Nat League  and 4% to tier 6. 
  • Player and Staff pay structure. I feel we need a pay and transfer body working on this area. Some of the top players have the skills that equate to top entertainers and deserve the rewards that go with it. Yet, some internationals do little more than raise an eye brow. On we go down the pyramid structure, yet all should be paid a professional wage unless engaged part time.
  • Superstar status of so called elite refereeing should be brought to an end.This could be brought to an end by club officials performance marking the referees of competing clubs and let a table of better performing referees take the bigger games. As player structure referees need a living wage but performance factors deserve bonuses.
  • A draft system aiming at levelling up just a little the skill imbalance throughout the top 5 tiers. So let us just take the Premiership and you will get the drift. At the start of a new season all teams are in order of where the previous season ended positions 1-17. Positions 18 to 20 are occupied by the promoted team. On opening of the transfer window Team 20 chooses an U23 player from a team of their choosing; that player is a draft player and stays with the club for a full year with salary paid by the parent club. Plyers may only be drafted once. In Ascending order the other 19 clubs are obliged to follow suit. No club will be allowed to select a draft where a club has released a player on draft. Similarly in the second round of draft starting with team in position 20 may seek a draft player from the club where they made their first draft pick.     

• Like 1

Are there any other examples of the “ Leicester model”, or are they unique?

I think the way football is now structured the dictatorship model is the only one that can work, and then you need a very wealthy dictator.

Aren't Luton now fan owned, and Chesterfield? Would be interesting to know how that works.

Even when we were “ fan owned” ( ie the share holding split between fans) the boardroom was still a closed shop, and if you do your reach you will realise just how closed it was, right up to MM. 

So my answer is, I haven’t got a clue......but I think we will find out soon enough!

Guest Mcguigan
7 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

For me the Barcelona is nearly perfect, combined with the German model and a little tweaking. Fan majority, fan owned, professionally run and most importantly accountable 

Aren’t Barcelona on the verge of going bankrupt and still owe players wages from January this year?

Maybe we’re more alike than you think.

Guest hirstysfags
7 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

Leicester model is perfect

Probably best run club in the country

And it’s not rocket science or complicated

A guy in charge with a bit of financial clout who genuinely engages with fans  and the community.A guy that realizes the club belongs to the fans and who gets football people in to help him achieve success

That would do for me

Go into admin then a free pie and clapper every now and again.

7 hours ago, Geedee said:

Another vote for what has happened at Leicester.

There is nothing wrong with having a foreign owner , you just need the right one.

In a nutshell this

And be left in no doubt there is way more to this guy than providing pies and happy clappers

He has done so much in the community too

When Leicester won FA cup they were throwing him up in the air on the pitch. A right they normally reserve for the manager 

He is a much loved owner and not just because of the tragedy that befell his family 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Plonk said:

Are there any other examples of the “ Leicester model”, or are they unique?

I think the way football is now structured the dictatorship model is the only one that can work, and then you need a very wealthy dictator.

Aren't Luton now fan owned, and Chesterfield? Would be interesting to know how that works.

Even when we were “ fan owned” ( ie the share holding split between fans) the boardroom was still a closed shop, and if you do your reach you will realise just how closed it was, right up to MM. 

So my answer is, I haven’t got a clue......but I think we will find out soon enough!

I don’t think there is mate

i put “ model “ but probably wrong turn of phrase

I was just trying to point out that a decent owner with a bit of clout who is in it for the right reasons seems to work

Im not a fan of consortiums 

Too many opinions to satisfy

Fan input? same reason really

in an a deal world yes of course but you would have to be very careful who represents or it’s anarchy 

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Put in place a system of Football governance that would act in the interests of all relevant parties. Covering, Commercial Broadcasting;  Finance;  Equitable distribution of finance; A wage structure for players and staff at all levels of the professional game; Replace Elite refereeing with a point scoring system by club officials; A draft system from tier 1 to tier 5.

• Commercial Broadcasting revenue distributed thus... 10% to Schools and youth. 10% to tiers 7 to 10. 25% to Prem. 20% to Champ.             15% to L1. 10% to L2. 6% to  Nat League  and 4% to tier 6. 
  • Player and Staff pay structure. I feel we need a pay and transfer body working on this area. Some of the top players have the skills that equate to top entertainers and deserve the rewards that go with it. Yet, some internationals do little more than raise an eye brow. On we go down the pyramid structure, yet all should be paid a professional wage unless engaged part time.
  • Superstar status of so called elite refereeing should be brought to an end.This could be brought to an end by club officials performance marking the referees of competing clubs and let a table of better performing referees take the bigger games. As player structure referees need a living wage but performance factors deserve bonuses.
  • A draft system aiming at levelling up just a little the skill imbalance throughout the top 5 tiers. So let us just take the Premiership and you will get the drift. At the start of a new season all teams are in order of where the previous season ended positions 1-17. Positions 18 to 20 are occupied by the promoted team. On opening of the transfer window Team 20 chooses an U23 player from a team of their choosing; that player is a draft player and stays with the club for a full year with salary paid by the parent club. Plyers may only be drafted once. In Ascending order the other 19 clubs are obliged to follow suit. No club will be allowed to select a draft where a club has released a player on draft. Similarly in the second round of draft starting with team in position 20 may seek a draft player from the club where they made their first draft pick.     

In principal, I agree with all of this. The problem with football at the moment is most certainly its finances, and that needs a lot new policies to define a better governance in this area. The distribution of its wealth is way too top heavy. This would also help eliviate the hording of young talent within these top clubs, allowing younger players to gain vital playing experience with other clubs, who in turn could sell on those players for a profit.

The only thing I don't think would work is club officials marking the referees, mainly because that is almost what is done now and also because it is too subjective and emotive. I think in the main, ref's do a good job in faily difficult circumstances. Difficult because of the speed of the game. I believe that the top referees in this country are there on merit, and can handle the so-called superstar players. It's not just about their performance, although that word does cover a spectrum of different elements. A lower league ref may be good at handling players at that level, for whatever reason, and vice versa for PL referees. 

Guest Hornsby

Option C, combines fans preserving club for future and ability for others to partially own with capital, skills , now how, etc , like in Germany.

Be great if minority owner was also a rich fan, as Brentford.

I'd be happy with a well funded owner who knows he knows next to nothing about football. He then employs a chief executive to run the commercial side of the club and a good football manager to run the football side of things.

That's pretty much what we've got apart from the well funded owner, him accepting he knows next to nothing about football, the chief executive bit and the manager managing the football side.

OK it's nothing like wot we got.lol

• Haha 1