“Programmes Three Quid” man (Paul) has passed away……

11 hours ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

RIP fellah.

Reminded me of the guy who used to sell the 'Star' in front of the kop and throw his cap into the air & catch it.

Must be 40-50 years ago - gulp.

Is it that long ago? He was another character, feeling my age now.

So many things you forget that make up the history and experience of going to the match....there's a book  in this somewhere.

These are the characters that make going to football, enjoyable . It’s the little things at matches that stick with you forever. Like Paul shouting “PROGRAM 3 QUID!!” How much mate?? “program 3 quid” sound!! 

I love people like Paul, Who don’t give a FIZZ what people think, and go into stuff with both feet. Didn’t know him, and he doesn’t know me, but he will be missed. RIP fella.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

These are the characters that make going to football, enjoyable . It’s the little things at matches that stick with you forever. Like Paul shouting “PROGRAM 3 QUID!!” How much mate?? “program 3 quid” sound!! 

I love people like Paul, Who don’t give a FIZZ what people think, and go into stuff with both feet. Didn’t know him, and he doesn’t know me, but he will be missed. RIP fella.

Great Post that. None of us know how long we are here for...if at the end we leave behind good memories and a smile on people's faces we have done ok.

• Love 3

11 hours ago, sibonluver said:

Hi Don't normally post, just read, but will in this case just to clear things up, Paul who has passed away, worked the North Stand and outside the main gates on Penistone Road or by the corner  near the park where the traffic lights are,  Pauls chant was programmes programmes or programmes 3 pound . His brother is the programme 3 quid man who is usually outside Charlie Browns old place and works the south stand and can be heard on the radio. Paul was a massive  blade, he had Captain Blade mousemat on his desk and worked both grounds and enjoyed his football as we all do,

RIP Paul , will miss the banter

Thanks for clearing that up. 

RIP to Paul and condolences to his brother / family. 

• Like 1

Guest Manwithastick
1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

This is going to end up like Elvis's death, we'll have people for years claiming they heard "programmes 3 quid" in locations all over the globe.

You’ll hear him at S6 (and S1) next season since he’s not dead. 

17 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

RIP.

Hope his voice will booming out in heaven, it's bound to be full of Wednesdayites.

Absolutely, after all we're in bloody purgatory down here!

RIP Paul and keep up the good work up there!

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Like 1