Good riddance - they won’t be getting a contract anywhere else

Guest Therealrealist
9 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I don’t exactly keep my finger on the pulse of lower league football, but I am amazed Winnall couldn’t go higher than Oxford. 

Yeah..thought Barca or Madrid might have been in for him

Guest Hornsby
12 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Some real Giants of the game in that list.

We may be at Kings Lyn level soon.

11 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I don’t exactly keep my finger on the pulse of lower league football, but I am amazed Winnall couldn’t go higher than Oxford. 

Oxford made a reputation for signing some very talented players. Mostly youngsters after they leave big Premier League club, but they certainly have some pulling power and can offer decent wages.

2 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

And we wondered why the club failed so miserably...clearly they were all punching above their weight and did ok

Success comes from selling players upwards...who tf scouts for Wednesday??

We could have the best scouts in the world but can’t see how currently they would make any difference at all 

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist

Whos head of youth down there these days? Whos job is it to be advising dc who the real talent is and who should be getting a decent contract??

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

They’ve got a club and a contract tho

which is the whole point of the thread

yeah! IF i was on (say) £10k per week, and now i'm on £800 pw, i would be thankful for it, BUT at the same time thinking it's not much of a contract.

i think the initial comments may well have been missing the term 'worthwhile' or 'equivalent' contracts.

the jist of it is, we've had some right tripe in our shirts, paid it far more than it was worth, and for far too long.

bad management of the whole issue.

it has critically damaged the club, it maybe fatal...

i wouldn't want to be championing many names on that list, shyte has been the benchmark for a good many it seems.

• Love 1

Just now, dorian gray said:

yeah! IF i was on (say) £10k per week, and now i'm on £800 pw, i would be thankful for it, BUT at the same time thinking it's not much of a contract.

i think the initial comments may well have been missing the term 'worthwhile' or 'equivalent' contracts.

the jist of it is, we've had some right tripe in our shirts, paid it far more than it was worth, and for far too long.

bad management of the whole issue.

it has critically damaged the club, it maybe fatal...

i wouldn't want to be championing many names on that list, shyte has been the benchmark for a good many it seems.

They have new clubs

They have new contracts 

Owlstalk Shop