Season tickets 21/22 - ANNOUNCED

Online article this morning with the headline “Moore looks to beef up squad”

oh oh!!! Reads said article “ by taking a closer look at The academy “

what other option does he have available with 14 contracted players. 

2 hours ago, Basement Jack said:

Agree completely 

From day one the club have put the emphasis on ST holders with a myriad of deals to entice them and that’s fine to a point

But…. POTG have been been treated appallingly with nothing to entice them to go .In fact they have been driven away by the prices

Now.. If the momentum of season 1 had been maintained with promotion all this issue around prices would have been buried BUT that’s not the case. We have gone the other way

Suddenly due to failure and a pandemic prices are a massive issue . Fans are disgruntled ( even season ticket holders)

Now there lies a big big problem. If loyal die hard  season ticket holders are disgruntled What about POTG fans who have felt like that since the prices rocketed? 

Well they aren’t disgruntled because they don’t care anymore. They have been priced out for years and they certainly ain’t coming back to see league 1 football unless there is a very substantial reduction of POTG 

Completely agree. It's a 6 hour round trip for me so POTG the only realistic option as I can't attend every game.

I've been charged £36-39 a game to date, told if I can't afford it or don't want to pay, don't attend. This doesn't make me feel welcome.

It was a case of Chansiri saying he's investing money, so should I. However, my money is hard earned and limited, I wasn't given millions by my dad. 

Hopefully POTG prices this season will reflect some common sense. I want to be part of the club and feel welcome.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Completely agree. It's a 6 hour round trip for me so POTG the only realistic option as I can't attend every game.

I've been charged £36-39 a game to date, told if I can't afford it or don't want to pay, don't attend. This doesn't make me feel welcome.

It was a case of Chansiri saying he's investing money, so should I. However, my money is hard earned and limited, I wasn't given millions by my dad. 

Hopefully POTG prices this season will reflect some common sense. I want to be part of the club and feel welcome.

I live a boat ride and a few hours drive away from Sheffield.
Only reason I return to the city generally is to visit family.

I've been put off by the POTG ticket prices when I've gone so just done Park Steels or other Non-League clubs instead!

It was £50 membership for cheaper tickets. Not worth it for someone like me
And I resent stumping up so much money for a ticket because I didn't pay for membership!

Edited by Gerinako
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I just presumed your post was an ironic one. It was wasn’t it? Surely?

No mate it really wasn’t ..

suggesting in their for credit to be redistributed  to those who struggle from those not really needing it.

fact we have 3 cup competitions to play in this rounds likely to be £10 a match so that credit could see larger crowds for these games — really positive approach by the club to allow credit to be used for home tickets.

Prices that on the whole are healthy .. slightly more than last time in the division a decade ago! Allowing for inflation thats a reduction on Milan prices.

looks at the positives! That and football back open on the 6th August. 

see I go games. And to put it into perspective itis 180 Euros for a cat 1 ticket at the group stages of the Euros .. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Worthing_owl said:

Are you actually joking? It has got a lot harder over time.

2 of my mates will have got more loyalty points than 99% of people on here..and if i ever need anymore i just ask in the ticket section on here..i can allways collect from anywhere in south yorkshire sameday..i understand  for you in Worthing it might be tricky...but if you live in sheffield you should know somebody who can get you a ticket

8 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

I've been put off by the POTG ticket prices when I've gone so just done Park Steels or other Non-League clubs instead!

And I resent stumping up so much money for a ticket because I didn't pay for membership!

Agree, I've got family in the area too. I looked at membership but wasn't worth it. I don't like football enough anymore to go anywhere else, if I stop with Wednesday, that's it. 

In truth, I always promise my daughter we go to the first home game and we will, ticket availability permitting. How often we go thereafter depends on price. 

Chansiri can rip me off for one game, or offer realistic pricing and encourage this customer and his daughter to attend 6-10 games over the season,  buy overpriced tat from his shop and overpriced  beverages etc on a match day.

24 minutes ago, dowls said:

Why as my topic been moved into an existing topic? I guess positive topics are not allowed, but negative repetitive posts can be allowed to duplicated all the time - if they support an anti owner agenda. 

Poor move by admins on the site,

very disappointing. 

Your topic on the season tickets being released has been merged into an existing thread on the season tickets being released.

I don't see what the problem is

• Love 1

DC and the club's historically benchmark was the 2015-2017 promotion push prices which were one of, if not the highest in the Championship.

These prices have barely moved since 2017. A reduction now, in L1 is hardly a case for celebration or congratulations.

Measure these prices with the other L1 clubs when they are announced and we can really see the value for money.

• Like 4

Come on you two !!!

I bought us each a season ticket and we're going to get full use out of them.

"Who's playing DAD ?  "

" The Mighty Wednesday against the formidable Accrington  Stanley "

"Who ? "

" Right !    no ice cream ......not at those prices !   .....  "

drag.jpg.9c45ace86c790c1b0571fc5ee3261a37.jpg

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Animis said:

DC and the club's historically benchmark was the 2015-2017 promotion push prices which were one of, if not the highest in the Championship.

These prices have barely moved since 2017. A reduction now, in L1 is hardly a case for celebration or congratulations.

Measure these prices with the other L1 clubs when they are announced and we can really see the value for money.

Doncaster as an an example are

Central blocks down side of pitch

Adult £395

Corner Blocks

Adult £329

Behind goal 

Adult £299

11 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Just renewed for my seat in the North Stand and will use the credit for cup games.

Think some crowds will be let back in for August but not confident it will be no restrictions but we will see.

I received this from Doncaster races for the st ledger meeting in September that I’ve purchased tickets for, think you maybe right about restrictions.

CDA29258-8685-4A83-BEEE-F75CC72A986E.png

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think some crowds will be let back in for August but not confident it will be no restrictions but we will see.

Agree. I can understand the need for caution and some control, where necessary.

However, if restrictions are removed on 19th July that includes social distancing as far as has been advised. Therefore not sure how the government could impose restrictions on attendance without the necessary  legislation (which we've had, but is ending) to back it up.

I'm not against some measures to keep people safe, but don't understand how attendances would be limited in August if unlocking goes ahead in July.

I'm sure someone will be along to educate me shortly 😀

1 hour ago, Gerinako said:

THIS!!! they need to attract the fan who can only attend a few matches a year. When it becomes too expensive people just do other stuff

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

2 of my mates will have got more loyalty points than 99% of people on here..and if i ever need anymore i just ask in the ticket section on here..i can allways collect from anywhere in south yorkshire sameday..i understand  for you in Worthing it might be tricky...but if you live in sheffield you should know somebody who can get you a ticket

ive done the same but then it really does create a closed shop if you use mates points as those outside these networks will NEVER get tickets. Always thought they should do say 75% to point holders with the remainder being a lottery linked to membership/ST numbers

Guest gizowl
3 hours ago, vulva said:

Have you got any figures as to how much DC has taken from the club because that’s a big accusation, right there. 

Look what I applied to, it was a joke soft lad. 😜