How good was Kevin Pressman

Played in an era where had a proper team and was playing at a level we can only dream of now 

He was round good keepers at the time, schmiceal, grobbalar, southall. Who all played at the top teams pressman was with us at that time when we was at our best. Basically he was a top 6 premier league keeper and our squad got worse 

a club legend very underrated shame he’s not involved more with us 

• Like 2

On 15/06/2021 at 03:19, @owlstalk said:

Early on he was an incredible shot stopper 

Excellent keeper, but issues with his weight caused him problems later. Far better than the 2 we have now. We need to replace Dawson and keep Wildsmith as a back-up.

On 15/06/2021 at 09:16, hasthagotanycheese said:

The money we spent on Woods was wasted quite frankly, Pressman was just as good.

To be fair, Pressman was struggling to get in the team before Woods came because he was coming back from a knee injury and Turner was keeping him out. It was good business to bring Woods in at the time because Pressman really only had potential at that point. The stupid thing to do was to bring Srnicek (RIP) in a few years later because Pressman was on top form then. 

The reason why I support Wednesday.

No affiliation to Yorkshire or Sheffield and my family are from the midlands, but I met him on holiday in the Algarve when I was 9. That was it and became an Owl straight away. 

Not sure whether to laugh or cry about it at times though! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

He was better than Chris Woods. Chris Woods played for England.

He was better than the Chris Woods we ended up with whose confidence seemed to leave him after the FA Cup final.

He was a little bit behind the Chris Woods we thought we were buying. 

But only a little bit, very unfortunate for Kevin that he was playing during an era filled with the Likes of Shilton, Seaman and honestly, Woods before he signed for us, otherwise could see him having gotten some proper caps.

He was a very good keeper, reliable and was easily top 5 in the country. Re Woods, liked him and was a quality keeper, just made a mistake when it really mattered.

In fairness, during the past 30 odd years we have had some bloody good keepers  started with Hodge one of my favourites, would clear out any defender to get ball.

He was good enough to be 4th on our all time appearance list with 478 appearances. 

If it hadn't been for the signings of Woods and Srnicek (RIP) he would have easily surpassed Andrew Wilson's all time record of 546 games and more than likely reached 600+ appearances.

Yet strangely when we talk about "Legends" he seems to get overlooked. Anyone making that number of appearances for us should be classed as a legend.

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Like 3