How good was Kevin Pressman

1 hour ago, LoadABallacks said:

Great keeper. 

My friends parents lived near him in Derbyshire, post playing career. 

Questionable, but he reckons he was known locally as the flying potato. 

I'm sure I read an article that referred to him as the flying cheeseburger once which was harsh 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Early on he was an incredible shot stopper 

Too short and perceived as fat (and then was fat) to progress higher. 

Showed good reflexes at times with some wonder saves; but also was on the back of a few drubbings 

Think he was very very good and should have played for England.

He was let down by poor management and poor defence later on in his Wednesday career and he put on a bit of weight towards the end which hampered him getting low to the left hand side so in that respect he let himself down. But overall very very good.

Appalling that he has still not had a testimonial game.

4 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

One of the reasons I got into Wednesday. Loved him. It’s an absolute disgrace he’s not had a testimonial. 

Watching Pressman step up in a penalty shootout and absolutely leather it in was one of the 90’s great sights. 

As a lad I wished he'd do a Chilavert, and take our penalties during matches.

17 minutes ago, millomowl said:

Francis didn't need to buy Woods before the 91/2 season. 

Kev would of been at another level with his development at that time and pretty sure he would of saved Linighans header at Wembley!

WAWAW

It is a long time ago but football managers at the time didn't think so. Pressman had been dropped by Atkinson half way through the Div. 2 season whereas Woods was the England No 1 and won nearly 50 caps.

3 hours ago, unkastav said:

Unlucky not to get a cap. Saved us many a time. From memory superb games at spurs, l*****ool and esp at home

to the pigs once. 

Yes good keeper, looking back there were so many good English keepers in the league. Not like now.

In the promotion season he had a dodgy spell and got injured, Chris Turner came in and was superb. KP was porbably a bit green to eb a really top keeper so Francis bought Woods who was England number 1 and our first million pound player. Within a couple of years though KP got his place back. For reasons I never understood, Danny Wilson preferred Pavel Srnicek.