Final Straw

6 hours ago, 1867 said:

Me and my mate were playing pool tonight, his firm work closely with the club shop/comms dept at hillsborough, reckons Chansiri is rebranding the club (again?) and we are getting a gold elephant as our mascot starting from next season, also rebranding the club with gold away/3rd kit (unconfirmed which).

Can he stop now please and fizz off! It’s beyond a ******** joke!

4E28E919-0F16-43E7-AE38-02BC4953FDAF.jpeg.f21f6b4038bfeb74799a621a76f82120.jpeg

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, BIG D said:

In normal circumstances I would dismiss this but then you think about the people involved and the job they’ve done so far. 

I will be honest

As an Admin of the site you read threads like this and think ‘ahh bless him - looks like a 13 year old has posted something after having his first ever pint of lager’ and then you just go ahead and delete it

lol

But.. with this regime.. I don’t want to delete it only to find it actually really does get announced tomorrow 🤣🤣

This is the thing 

This current regime is so batshit crazy it could actually turn out to be not some drug riddled windup but actually true! 🤣

what do I do?

Do I lock the thread?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I will be honest

As an Admin of the site you read threads like this and think ‘ahh bless him - looks like a 13 year old has posted something after having his first ever pint of lager’ and then you just go ahead and delete it

lol

But.. with this regime.. I don’t want to delete it only to find it actually really does get announced tomorrow 🤣🤣

This is the thing 

This current regime is so batshit crazy it could actually turn out to be not some drug riddled windup but actually true! 🤣

what do I do?

Do I lock the thread?

Hell no, these type of threads are good for the soul. Maybe not for our sanity though. 

I was playing kerplunk with a mate last night who works with someone who knows the daughter of someone's 3rd cousin who used to have a job sweeping the floor at a place where the chief sausage roll tester of the catering firm we no longer use once walked past after he missed his bus one morning and he said that we're changing our name to Sheffield Golden Elephants and painting the stadium gold and replacing Hi Ho Silver Lining with Gold Finger before games and the only food on sale at games next season will be Terrys All Gold.

Possibly.....

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I will be honest

lol

This is the thing 

what do I do?

Do I lock the thread?

Don't as it's all getting clearer.....our new owner is a Thai multi national company who has an elephant on their marketing materials and is already involved in English football

Or have I been sampling their products already this morning....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 1867 said:

Me and my mate were playing pool tonight, his firm work closely with the club shop/comms dept at hillsborough, reckons Chansiri is rebranding the club (again?) and we are getting a gold elephant as our mascot starting from next season, also rebranding the club with gold away/3rd kit (unconfirmed which).

Can he stop now please and fizz off! It’s beyond a ******** joke!

IF we're having an elephant we need to try it in nets, it'll be better than 2 keepers we have.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I will be honest

lol

This is the thing 

what do I do?

Do I lock the thread?

You took the words out of my mouth.  As laughable as this story seems, you literally can not rule out anything with old loony tunes at the helm.