Microsoft Flight Simulator

JumboRex

The most technically impressive game ever made.

I bought a flight stick etc for it on PC, but I ended up enjoying just toying around with the planes and exploring rather than simulating flying as such. Really looking forward to playing on Xbox as it seems like the experience will be better and more stable than on my PC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

The most technically impressive game ever made.

I bought a flight stick etc for it on PC, but I ended up enjoying just toying around with the planes and exploring rather than simulating flying as such. Really looking forward to playing on Xbox as it seems like the experience will be better and more stable than on my PC.

It does need a decent computer to get the most out of it on PC. Fortunately, I rebuilt mine at the start of lockdown so I'm more than happy with it.

There were quite a few teething problems with the sim initially as it definitely seemed to be a rushed release. But to be fair the developers have really been on the ball with updates and third party developers have whole heartedly embraced it. Although I also have X Plane 11 and v5 of P3D on my computer I must admit I rarely use them.

It’s a great game to watch on YouTube from people who know what they’re doing. Especially on their ridiculous PC rigs with max settings. 

Not sure it’s ever something that I would ‘play’ myself. But great to watch and I certainly appreciate that it’s a technical marvel. 

• Like 1