Some light at the end of the tunnel?

6 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

Dear Mr Crann sir @YesWeCrann

This thread has a slight sense of the messenger being shot.

I do hope you will not be put off bringing future good news to the mostly lovely, but understandably  cynical, Owlstalk masses.

I think the replies have been pretty much what I expected. 7 or 8 saying its a train, a few asking if anyone has said it's a train yet and an absolute beauty from Nev that brought back memories for me, but vague ones. I think mine was a diver, not a submarine, but it definitely had baking soda in it somewhere. 

I'm sure the esteemed Mr Crann hasn't been put off. I get the impression he's probably as cynical as the rest of us, after all, he's one of us. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I think the replies have been pretty much what I expected. 7 or 8 saying its a train, a few asking if anyone has said it's a train yet and an absolute beauty from Nev that brought back memories for me, but vague ones. I think mine was a diver, not a submarine, but it definitely had baking soda in it somewhere. 

I'm sure the esteemed Mr Crann hasn't been put off. I get the impression he's probably as cynical as the rest of us, after all, he's one of us. 

Joe has been on this site longer than most 

Hes one of us (in every sense - he’s a lifelong Owls fans too)

He knows how it works 

And even though you get some mad old gimmers on here always trying to shoot the messenger when it comes to local sports writers, it’s nowhere near as bad as the absolute inane stuff they get on social media 

Owls fans really do need to grow up where sports writers are concerned 

All this hate they get is unwarranted and not deserved in the slightest

And the current crop of sports writers has never been as strong (The Star, The  Athletic etc)

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, Bronco Blue said:

I would have thought the key working relationship was between manager and players. Once that is working well, everything else at a club falls into place.

Not if the chairman gets you a points deduction, embargo so you can’t sign players, and stops paying the players you do have

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Take it steady mate and look after yourself.

Your health is way more important than the sh!tshow going off at Hillsborough 

Thanks JC, Wednesday is a long standing, often debilitating condition, just like the old ticker! 

11 hours ago, striker said:

I'm not sure you do, just need to manage Chansiri, blow just enough smoke up his arse to get what is  needed. 

Chansiri doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the box, imagine it's quite easy to distract him with something shiny, while working on the bigger picture. 

I now want to see a photoshop of chansiri face on a magpie lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

Nice to have someone who actually knows a bit of what’s actually happening at the club, and we can accept as being reliable.

Well done Joe. Keep it up mate.

Dom Howson knows more than most to be fair 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

And the current crop of sports writers has never been as strong (The Star, The  Athletic etc)

Absolutely they have been like a breath of fresh air as far as bringing us news and asking questions on our behalf

12 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Chansiri has made many mistakes but he was not responsible for Pulis failing 

I didn't want him here, but DC sold a vision of the club to Pulis that wasn't ever going to happen. He did him up like a kipper

Pulis was 100% told there'd be money to spend in January when everyone and his dog could see DC was stringing him along

5 hours ago, Hornsby said:

And all refunded by lunch.

What a wonderful Wednesday world.

I’ve got no idea what you are on about. Joe is a good journalist, and posts regularly on here, and is probably as good as a source as we are going to get. Appreciate it doesn’t fit with some people’s agendas ( if it’s minor good news), but I believe he posts what he gets accurately and fairly. 

Makes a change from the angry mad hysteria.

19 hours ago, YesWeCrann said:

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Joe has been on this site longer than most 

Hes one of us (in every sense - he’s a lifelong Owls fans too)

He knows how it works 

And even though you get some mad old gimmers on here always trying to shoot the messenger when it comes to local sports writers, it’s nowhere near as bad as the absolute inane stuff they get on social media 

Owls fans really do need to grow up where sports writers are concerned 

All this hate they get is unwarranted and not deserved in the slightest

From what I have read from @YesWeCrann, the articles are good.  However, I can hardly ever read them because The Star's site is a horrific mess.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I didn't want him here, but DC sold a vision of the club to Pulis that wasn't ever going to happen. He did him up like a kipper

Pulis was 100% told there'd be money to spend in January when everyone and his dog could see DC was stringing him along

Pulis should never have come to the club in the first place his tactics worked a decade ago but since then football has become a largely none contact sport where a slide tackle even if fair is often blown as a foul.

Putting big lads in a team and getting the to kick 10 pints of crap out of the other team worked when Tony was at Stoke but football in the championship is more like a Premier league 2, it is no surprise that most of the football playing teams where at the top of the league.

What DC should have done is bring in Paul Cook at the beginning of January and allowed him to sign a couple of players, we would now be a championship team so already £7m better off with tv money, we would probably be able to attract a better standard of free agents that the ones we have been linked with. 

22 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Pulis should never have come to the club in the first place his tactics worked a decade ago but since then football has become a largely none contact sport where a slide tackle even if fair is often blown as a foul.

Putting big lads in a team and getting the to kick 10 pints of crap out of the other team worked when Tony was at Stoke but football in the championship is more like a Premier league 2, it is no surprise that most of the football playing teams where at the top of the league.

What DC should have done is bring in Paul Cook at the beginning of January and allowed him to sign a couple of players, we would now be a championship team so already £7m better off with tv money, we would probably be able to attract a better standard of free agents that the ones we have been linked with. 

I agree with all that and as I said I didn't want the guy in the first place, but he paid a fortune to bring the guy to the club then didn't back him and then paid a fortune to get rid of him.

Everything about the whole Pulis saga was mental looking back at it.

• Like 1