Some light at the end of the tunnel?

Guest Hornsby

Slightly positive as Carlton talking about another points deduction soon.

Accounts should reveal how much rent we pay ,S3 ltd and what they sent us for stadium.

Even Coventry paying peanuts compared, following return to Ricoh.

11 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Guess it depends if the light IS the end of the tunnel, or just another train coming at us full pelt 🙂

Came in here to pretty much say this. 

I'm afraid I'm at the point where I'm not convinced anything will improve in the long term really. One set of problems will be replaced by another whilever we are being run the way we are. The very basics aren't happening at Hillsborough at the moment. I honestly think if chansiri gave me free reign and his money I could improve things down there in a month just by employing people to do certain Jobs and make decisions. I feel so sorry for the staff at the moment. Players I have less sympathy for in some respects but that's cis I've still got the face on with em for being crap last season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

Any idea why they are taking so long to file the accounts @YesWeCrann?

Let's hope Chansiri gets the Training Ground sale in the right tax year anyway. 😉

There were issues because of the delays with last seasons accounts and the Hillsborough business - they didn't know which year it fell under. The embargo is also a bit odd because the actual government deadline isn't until the end of next month anyway. Coventry only just submitted theirs, and they didn't have the complications that we had. Just another thing that needs sorting though.

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Do you think there's any truth with the Thai government making it hard to take money out of the country

10 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

Not sure on that - would need someone with financial savvy to answer that!

Someone on here will know.

Perhaps I’m just being a cynic, but there’s a distinct lack of detail in this “update” which means it’s difficult to react positively at all.

For instance, how much of the £12million owing has been paid and is there a scheduled date for when the remaining balance will be settled ?

And, furthermore, does this sit comfortably with the PFA and, more importantly, the EFL ?

• Like 1

Why automatically assume Darren Moore is a yes man ?

Bit harsh, everything you hear suggests he’s anything but a yes man 

Just because the owner has his downfalls and has made mistakes, don’t presume he’s impossible to work for/with 

Good article @YesWeCrann, can’t be easy reporting on the club at the minute you deserve credit 

6 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Perhaps I’m just being a cynic, but there’s a distinct lack of detail in this “update” which means it’s difficult to react positively at all.

For instance, how much of the £12million owing has been paid and is there a scheduled date for when the remaining balance will be settled ?

And, furthermore, does this sit comfortably with the PFA and, more importantly, the EFL ?

It's an update in as much as I can give an update. I don't know if the £12m is correct - it sounds a lot to me - and only probably one or two people will actually know those figures, so I can't report them.

There's a lack of detail because so few people actually know the details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Royal_D said:

Why automatically assume Darren Moore is a yes man ?

Bit harsh, everything you hear suggests he’s anything but a yes man 

Just because the owner has his downfalls and has made mistakes, don’t presume he’s impossible to work for/with 

Good article @YesWeCrann, can’t be easy reporting on the club at the minute you deserve credit 

100% 

Well said

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

The only light at the end of the tunnel will be when I see a picture of Chansiri shaking hands with the new owner.

9A06820F-657A-47A3-BDBC-6DA7AF8E247E.jpeg

Its happening 

My first act will be to bring back Owen Morrison and give free pies to everyone at half time 

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

It's an update in as much as I can give an update. I don't know if the £12m is correct - it sounds a lot to me - and only probably one or two people will actually know those figures, so I can't report them.

There's a lack of detail because so few people actually know the details.

Some on here will know the details

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Can't wait for the accounts lol

Eveyrone on Owlstalk will be a professional accountant for the day 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

No cash in hand at the club anymore 

It’s Apple Pay or you can’t come in

I quite like the idea of paying in apples, or oranges. Get back to the days of bartering. 

• Haha 2