57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ignore my last post 

I’m nearly at Blackpool only to find its started chucking it down and there’s a wintry hailstorms and lightning on the way

FFS

Never used to get those in Blackpool in the olden days - the young hipsters really have wrecked this country havent they 

Your arrival has heralded the opening of the Seventh Circle of Hell hasn't it FFS. Nice one Neil.

Or is that just how Blackpool always looks?

Back to football matters, how does everyone feel about the format of the competition with many teams playing at home stadiums? Personally I’ve enjoyed it mainly as there’s been a bit of real atmosphere to listen to. Can’t figure out if it makes things more or less unfair or if it matters either way. I’m enjoying the tournament more than I thought I would, particularly non England games where I don’t care about the outcome. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

I honestly couldn’t tell you who was commentating or commenting last night. I tend to ignore it. I’ve managed perfectly well watching Wednesday for 50 odd years without a commentary. Tend to switch off at the final whistle unless there’s been something controversial I want to see again. Really don’t see that it matters whose talking over the game. Let’s be right, the bulk of footballers aren’t particularly blessed in that department.  

where do you sit that there's no ar$ehole commenting, commentating, or some 'new' mourinho verbally coaching the players from 15+ rows back, thinking he's impressing everyone with his depth of knowledge.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Ignore my last post 

I’m nearly at Blackpool only to find its started chucking it down and there’s a wintry hailstorms and lightning on the way

FFS

Never used to get those in Blackpool in the olden days - the young hipsters really have wrecked this country havent they 

No that’s us old uns and our global warming. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

where do you sit that there's no ar$ehole commenting, commentating, or some 'new' mourinho verbally coaching the players from 15+ rows back, thinking he's impressing everyone with his depth of knowledge.

North stand with my mates, they know better!

35 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I believe in things being on merit and tbh I’m sick to death of gender or race being brought in to things. We already have equality. I mean for a start, these black footballers earn 50-500 times as much as the working man, yet apparently they don’t have equality. Totally taking the p*ss. I don’t have a problem with them earning the money.. it’s a rare skill set and most couldn’t do their job. But I don’t want them playing the victim all the time. And it’s blatantly obvious the more they do so the more some people are going to goad them with nasty comments.

If a woman is the best person for the job then it’s fine for her to get the job, but when you’ve no experience of top level football they shouldn’t be pundits on top level football, in my opinion.

Southgate is a wet lettuce and will cost England a chance of winning this year. He’s too political and also tactically inept.

I don't know where to start with this....

Just

wow

• Like 4

Wow some of the posts on here. People need to get a grip. 

Alex Scott was a million miles the best pundit when she was a pundit in the studio - (I think when Chelsea played us in FA cup). She was the only one that had done her research on SWFC whereas her male counterparts hadn't got a clue. 

In fact with the money in the game - Sky put out some pathetic commentators and pundits for championship football. They misrepresent facts all the time and clearly are not experts in the field as opposed to PL football. 

HOWEVER, the only person that bothered to learn about us and do their homework was Alex Scott. I would rather 5 Alex Scott's than any other pundit who hasn't even bothered to learn our players. She impressed me and wiped the floor with interesting knowledge about us whereas the male counterparts were just basically guessing. 

I am glad she is at the Euros. for me the old guard's stories are becoming outdated anyway. Souness/ Keane/ Linekar can go if it wasn't for Keane/Souness being controversial and argumentative and Linekar being a squeaky clean pundit - I don't think the broadcasters would keep them. 

All the newer pundits I like as its more relevant in the modern game.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I believe in things being on merit and tbh I’m sick to death of gender or race being brought in to things. We already have equality. I mean for a start, these black footballers earn 50-500 times as much as the working man, yet apparently they don’t have equality. Totally taking the p*ss. I don’t have a problem with them earning the money.. it’s a rare skill set and most couldn’t do their job. But I don’t want them playing the victim all the time. And it’s blatantly obvious the more they do so the more some people are going to goad them with nasty comments.

If a woman is the best person for the job then it’s fine for her to get the job, but when you’ve no experience of top level football they shouldn’t be pundits on top level football, in my opinion.

Southgate is a wet lettuce and will cost England a chance of winning this year. He’s too political and also tactically inept.

Jesus Christ.

Have a f*cking word with yourself.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

First women

Now black people

Whos next on your ‘list’ the Jews??

Horrific views mate 

It’s gone beyond acceptable what you’re posting now 

You might be better off on TommyRobinson.com or The Jim Davidson Facebook group

Its not welcome on here and yes - I’m being deadly serious 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

First women

Now black people

Whos next on your ‘list’ the Jews??

Horrific views mate 

It’s gone beyond acceptable what you’re posting now 

You might be better off on TommyRobinson.com or The Jim Davidson Facebook group

Its not welcome on here and yes - I’m being deadly serious 

Ffs there’s no inequality though is there.. not in this country. If someone is good enough for the job, they get it. Everyone has equality of opportunity and a free education and healthcare. The police treat everyone equally. It’s like arguing with a brick wall as most of the posters in this thread think that ‘white privilege’ is a thing.

Tbh I find that viewpoint to be quite offensive, it tries to label and divide everyone by their race and gender.

If you think I’m racist or sexist then fine, that’s just being dim witted. Cancel culture at its finest.

This sort of thing is why GB News has been launched because the likes of BBC, ITV and Sky are run by lefties turning their nose up if someone dares to express a different opinion to them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Ffs there’s no inequality though is there.. not in this country. If someone is good enough for the job, they get it. Everyone has equality of opportunity and a free education and healthcare. The police treat everyone equally. It’s like arguing with a brick wall as most of the posters in this thread think that ‘white privilege’ is a thing.

Tbh I find that viewpoint to be quite offensive, it tries to label and divide everyone by their race and gender.

If you think I’m racist or sexist then fine, that’s just being dim witted. Cancel culture at its finest.

This sort of thing is why GB News has been launched because the likes of BBC, ITV and Sky are run by lefties turning their nose up if someone dares to express a different opinion to them.

Are you serious?

17 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

hehe...exposed

22 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

lefties turning their nose up if someone dares to express a different opinion to them.

Fairly angry, judgmental, unfactual, innacurate, unnecessary, threatening and blinkered opinions.

But carry on playing a victim.

• Love 1