The Euros

2 minutes ago, Blueform mac said:

It's bbc do gooders, they want shooting. Theses women have no idea of the real game but are there to meet quotas. Look at so called game shows and some of the " male" presenters who are there to meet quotas too. No discernible talent other than who they are.

image.png.aaf994aee21242d02cbaf560e0233b44.png

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Keown and Jenas are awful. I don’t like Scott though, just says ‘fink’ all the time.. can’t even talk properly. 

Fair, disagree about punditry, think it's disrespectful saying they're 'yapping away' though. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Fair, disagree about punditry, think it's disrespectful saying they're 'yapping away' though. 

It's more then just disrespectful though

It's also a great insight into the kind of person who would post that and a reality check that there is still a generation of these people that need to die out before the world can advance

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, MarvelOwls said:

Its disappointing to read a few outdated views on punditry here from our fanbase.

I understand that people have different views. I wont ask everybody to like mine but its uncomfortable reading.

It's a conversation about kicking a ball about which everybody is entitled to have.

I wouldn’t say it’s controversial.. the main question I have is this. Pretty much all of the male pundits they have on played international football or premier league football in front of massive crowds, with big money on the line and a lot of pressure. They have experience of how this was, which is what makes it interesting to listen to.

The female pundits don’t have this experience at all, simply because the female game isn’t developed enough to provide it. I actually think the new sky deal for women’s game is excellent and will close the gap.

So yeah right now, they can express their opinion but it doesn’t carry any weight because there’s no experience backing it. Their opinion is equally as valid as Dave’s from the pub who once played semi pro football, but we don’t pay Dave to appear on the BBC and talk about it

Watching football on telly is like watching University Challenge with the commentators telling us every few seconds about who is asking questions. They also tell us that's it's "game on" in the eighty ninth minute when someone is winning 4-0. Add to that all the "knocking on the door" and it's a really good mixture of phrases.

Regarding the Euros themselves I'm going to watch every minute I can.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Give me some examples of male pundits who have done that and what they've said...

Shearer, Wright, Keane, Neville, Linekar, Ferdinand all do this.. they tell you things about past tournaments, what it was like. In other words they recall their experience, which is what sets them apart from the bloke in the pub or on social media who also has an opinion 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Shearer, Wright, Keane, Neville, Linekar, Ferdinand all do this.. they tell you things about past tournaments, what it was like. In other words they recall their experience, which is what sets them apart from the bloke in the pub or on social media who also has an opinion 

Its still just an "opinion" though mate

Some  of them talk absolute bllx...In my opinion

Jose Mourinhio never played at a decent level....in fact there have probably been better female players..but most will accept his opinion....

Guest whowantstoberich
35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok I'll be honest

I've not seen one single second of it yet as been busy and not that bothered, but going to give it a go over the next day or two in the background and see if I get hooked in

Didn't help that I was out in a pub today having lunch this afternoon and some 'lads' walked into the pub and did that thing where they try and outdo each other at being a proper lad and proper into proper football and proper England n that

So when England scored they went totally over the top in such a way that you just know if their mates weren't there trying to compete for the 'biggest and truest England fan in the group' they'd have just sat and had a quiet pint

lol

The absolute insecurity of those kinda 'lads' always makes me chuckle

Anyway - gonna give it a go and hopefully we see some quality football!

Crikey, sounds like they were having fun how rude.

What did you say to them if they annoyed you so much?

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its still just an "opinion" though mate

Some  of them talk absolute bllx...In my opinion

Jose Mourinhio never played at a decent level....in fact there have probably been better female players..but most will accept his opinion....

I agree but if Mourinho is brought in as a pundit it’s because of his managerial career, not his playing one. If you take away his management career and then gave him air time, that would be equivalence to me 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

I agree but if Mourinho is brought in as a pundit it’s because of his managerial career, not his playing one. If you take away his management career and then gave him air time, that would be equivalence to me 

Ah so now the list of things to qualify you to be allowed to speak is growing..

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah so now the list of things to qualify you to be allowed to speak is growing..

lol

Not to speak.. to speak in a paid role as an expert.

By your logic we should allow anyone to be a brain surgeon even if they’ve no experience of brain surgery 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
5 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Better let it go. You’re arguing with a group of super-intellects here, who can’t comprehend you having a different opinion to them. You need to “educate yourself” because you’re apparently a “dinosaur” out of touch with their progressive beliefs.

*I completely agree with you btw. I mute the TV whenever Alex Scott or Jenas speak. They’re on there to fill quotas and tick boxes. Love Ian Wright though, before the “intellects” have a hernia! :ph34r:

Just now, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Better let it go. You’re arguing with a group of super-intellects here, who can’t comprehend you having a different opinion to them. You need to “educate yourself” because you’re apparently a “dinosaur” out of touch with their progressive beliefs.

*I completely agree with you btw. I mute the TV whenever Alex Scott or Jenas speak. They’re on there to fill quotas and tick boxes. Love Ian Wright though, before the “intellects” have a hernia! :ph34r:

Next you'll be ranting about the licence fee and Gary Lineker

FFS

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

what have these female pundits said that you take issue with then.....Cos its honestly starting to sound like its simply 

"Because they are women"

cos ive listened to it and can't really disagree with most said

Edited by asteener1867