Christian Erickson.

1 minute ago, mildatheart67 said:

Classy Le Tiss.

Eriksen is unvaccinated.

The Inter Milan owner even tweeted on the day, saying Eriksen hadn't been vaccinated so anyone linking the vaccine to the incident should STFU

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If you've never seen one in use before and you are suddenly faced with a traumatic situation there might well be a natural reaction to panic or to be over cautious when not knowing how the equipment works at all.

I recently underwent CPR training and the use of an AED is relatively straightforward once you know where to start and when to use it but for someone thrust into that situation without any experience or knowledge I can imagine many people would freeze or panic.

Completely agree that basic life support training should be provided in schools, these are life skills that could make a real difference. Just having the confidence and awareness of how to provide support until the professionals can take over might save someone's life. 

Can't possibly like this post enough. 

People always think that they'll never need it, but I've been in several situations where I've effectively been a first responder and had to ABCDE someone (thankfully I've never had to perform CPR). Even a basic knowledge of first aid could be the difference between someone living or dying, it's 100% something all kids should be taught.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
On 15/06/2021 at 10:55, Minton said:

Can't possibly like this post enough. 

People always think that they'll never need it, but I've been in several situations where I've effectively been a first responder and had to ABCDE someone (thankfully I've never had to perform CPR). Even a basic knowledge of first aid could be the difference between someone living or dying, it's 100% something all kids should be taught.

Compulsory training for all players in Italy in games regulated by their FA.

So they've just held a minutes applause for CE, no real issue with that BUT stopping the game whilst it was observed, good grief. 

My fear is this practice will filter into league matches and become the norm. As I've seen on Facebook, be a better gesture if the players donated cash to fund poo loads of defibrillators.

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby

My  doctor wife told me Italian cardiologist who discovered these sudden heart attacks in footy players did so by analysing left -side of hearts where he found fatty tissue build up.

Traditionally, post mortems only ever checked right -side of heart where pump is.  

Of course, many causes for attacks and weekend problem could have many causes. Except vaccines.

3 hours ago, Hornsby said:

My  doctor wife told me Italian cardiologist who discovered these sudden heart attacks in footy players did so by analysing left -side of hearts where he found fatty tissue build up.

Traditionally, post mortems only ever checked right -side of heart where pump is.  

Of course, many causes for attacks and weekend problem could have many causes. Except vaccines.

Both sides of the heart pump - the right side pumps deoxygenated blood to the lungs to deposit CO2 and pick up fresh oxygen where it goes back to the left side of the heart to be pumped around the body

Also, with athletes on first line cardiac investigations (ECG and Echo) they can indicate a possible condition called cardiomyopathy - this will be further tested to exclude cardiomyopathy and confirm the anomalies are due to physical training and not pathology

The Italians did lead the way in football cardiology but that was a fair old time ago

Interestingly their pitch side trauma response isn't all that - or certainly wasn't up until recently

They also had (from memory?) 3 players (all defenders) who died of motor neurone disease and they were considering a link with the neurodegeneration and heading?

• Thanks 1

On 13/06/2021 at 21:44, scram said:

Having a dozen things whirring around the brain of a bystander thrown into the most traumatic of life-saving situations is not helpful - is it 30:2 - do ylou start with rescue breaths or is it after 5 compressions etc

Just doing constant chest compressions will keep the circulation pumping - their own oxygen reserves will suffice as performing rescue breaths is only delivering oxygen depleted air anyway

Keeping it simple for the untrained is giving them a decent chance of responding appropriately

Agree. Doing the basics well are all that’s required. Taking 10 seconds to ensure a stranger doesn’t have vomit around their lips, then debating mouth to mouth, then questioning if you should do it, doesn’t save lives.

EARLY RECOGNITION. CALL FOR HELP. EARLY CPR. 

Those three alone, as I’ve witnessed many times, literally saves lives. Throw in an AED (which speak out what you should be doing in time order) and the chance of survival increases massively. 

Also, can’t forget a special mention, a 999 call handler will tell you everything you need to be doing in a precise and confident manner. They will be your guardian angle should you ever be in an unfortunate position alone with no support. 

2 hours ago, scram said:

They also had (from memory?) 3 players (all defenders) who died of motor neurone disease and they were considering a link with the neurodegeneration and heading?

Read somewhere recently that genetic predisposition to MND in some people could be triggered by intense exercise.

Guest Hornsby
8 hours ago, scram said:

Both sides of the heart pump - the right side pumps deoxygenated blood to the lungs to deposit CO2 and pick up fresh oxygen where it goes back to the left side of the heart to be pumped around the body

Also, with athletes on first line cardiac investigations (ECG and Echo) they can indicate a possible condition called cardiomyopathy - this will be further tested to exclude cardiomyopathy and confirm the anomalies are due to physical training and not pathology

The Italians did lead the way in football cardiology but that was a fair old time ago

Interestingly their pitch side trauma response isn't all that - or certainly wasn't up until recently

Thanks for update. For us laymen, why did they only autopsy one side traditionally?

Seems strange.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Thanks for update. For us laymen, why did they only autopsy one side traditionally?

Seems strange.

I can't think they did they tbf - if they did i've no idea why as the left side of the heart is the one that the one that fails in cardiac failure and cardiomyopathy - it has to work a lot harder than the right side

7 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

Read somewhere recently that genetic predisposition to MND in some people could be triggered by intense exercise.

Not really much Known about MND

We haven't really advanced much with it tbh

From memory we've only discovered 3 of the 20+ genetic mutations/defects - 2 of them from my old Uni!

9 minutes ago, scram said:

Not really much Known about MND

We haven't really advanced much with it tbh

From memory we've only discovered 3 of the 20+ genetic mutations/defects - 2 of them from my old Uni!

Starting to get some question marks about mnd and rugby players.

Obviously Rob burrow at Leeds rhinos has been in the news a lot since he was diagnosed about 18months/2 years ago (absolutely shocking how quickly thats took hold on him) but there's been a surprising number of other ex players that have got it or already passed away with it across the globe.

Nasty horrible condition 😪

2 minutes ago, Daryl Catpiss said:

Starting to get some question marks about mnd and rugby players.

Obviously Rob burrow at Leeds rhinos has been in the news a lot since he was diagnosed about 18months/2 years ago (absolutely shocking how quickly thats took hold on him) but there's been a surprising number of other ex players that have got it or already passed away with it across the globe.

Nasty horrible condition 😪

Doddie Weir too

Maybe some link with neurodegeneration from repeat concussion?