Christian Erickson.

Seeing them doing the CPR brought back some horrible memories of my friend dying a few years ago. It seemed to go on forever and was awful to watch.

Really not sure how they have managed to start the game again after that. No way they are in any frame of mind to play football right now.

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Seeing them doing the CPR brought back some horrible memories of my friend dying a few years ago. It seemed to go on forever and was awful to watch.

Really not sure how they have managed to start the game again after that. No way they are in any frame of mind to play football right now.

Should never have been broadcast. The fact no one intervened to stop it i can’t get my head around 

• Like 2

Seems to be positive news.

Very shocking to watch.

Think everyone on the pitch reacted very professionally.

Especially the Danish captain and the referee who seemed very in control.

I was quite moved by how everyone reacted.

Edited by Rev Owl

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Might be wrong but I thought after what happened to him they changed the rules to ensure all players have heart scans. A player like Eriksen is an elite player, someone who plays at the highest level and only 18 months ago moved for £20+ million.

So he must have been throughly checked over. We’ve no idea what actually happened today to him, it just looks bad when someone drops like that. He could have fainted, could have had heat stroke, a reaction to the vaccine.. might not even be a heart issue. Have to just let the doctors do their job and I’m sure he’ll be fine now he’s come round.

Might not be a heart issue but scans can’t cover everything.

My friend who died on the pitch was high up in the Cisco Systems sales team and got checked over regularly as part of his health cover. It couldn’t pick up that he’s had a defective heart valve from birth and eventually when the other valve which had been compensating all

those years packed in he had no chance. The scenes when they were doing CPR just brought it all back.

We will only know over the next couple of days what it was they were treating him for, guess for now we can all be thankful he’s still with us.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Might not be a heart issue but scans can’t cover everything.

My friend who died on the pitch was high up in the Cisco Systems sales team and got checked over regularly as part of his health cover. It couldn’t pick up that he’s had a defective heart valve from birth and eventually when the other valve which had been compensating all

those years packed in he had no chance. The scenes when they were doing CPR just brought it all back.

We will only know over the next couple of days what it was they were treating him for, guess for now we can all be thankful he’s still with us.

I'm really sorry for what you have been through

However heart valve defects are regularly picked up by a simple echocardiogram

Your friend probably had ECG which is a good first investigation but they do miss quite a lot

• Thanks 2

For the record - spelling and grammar nazis are NOT welcome on here

Spelling and Grammar does NOT matter anymore - it's 2021 FFS - get over it

Pulling people up online for spelling and grammar is the dumbest, most tedious thing you can do  (particularly when you dont' even know if the person you are addressing and moaning about has a dyslexia etc)

So yeah - don't do that on here

If you want to do that - do it elsewhere

No further correspondance on this matter will be entertained

Now - back to the topic..

• Like 9

Owlstalk Shop

This was very distressing I saw him stumble and fall face down near the touchline and what unfolded from the looks on the other players faces to the obvious CPR being performed looked very bad indeed, fortunately it sounds like he's stabilised in hospital and has spoken to his team mates, brilliant news after a traumatic day. I must add that everyone from the officials, the players, the fans and most of all the medical team were absolutely outstanding.

Get well soon Sir.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

This was very distressing I saw him stumble and fall face down near the touchline and what unfolded from the looks on the other players faces to the obvious CPR being performed looked very bad indeed, fortunately it sounds like he's stabilised in hospital and has spoken to his team mates, brilliant news after a traumatic day. I must add that everyone from the officials, the players, the fans and most of all the medical team were absolutely outstanding.

Get well soon Sir.

It was upsetting and the cohorts were bang on and quick.

Can't for the life of me understand why they didn't postpone the game for a couple of days give the players a proper chance to get over the initial shock..

Shameful by EUFA.

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

Can't for the life of me understand why they didn't postpone the game for a couple of days give the players a proper chance to get over the initial shock..

Shameful by EUFA.

To be fair its reported that Eriksen had been in contact with the players and said he'd like the game to completed the captains of both teams were then asked and agreed to play it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Shameful by EUFA.

This is where institutions can't win, they do as you say so the the fans who have spent a large amount of money to get there miss out on the match.  So UEFA get slagged off for that.  Now that the player looks (hopefully) of making a full recovery UEFA would be slagged off for making a hasty decision in postponing the game for two days.  They are damned if they do or if they don't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1