Class Action

1 hour ago, prowl said:

If you are owed money the best thing is to write to the club saying you will take legal action unless it is paid within 14 days. If it isn't you can take out a small claims action which will look at the matter and decide if you are owed the money. If you are the court will find in your favour. That doesn't actually mean you will get paid but it does mean you can take action to recover the money by sending baliffs in. They have the power to seize company assets to sell to cover the amount owed and your costs.

I'm not suggesting you do this, just pointing out the proceedure as I understand it.

Bailiffs gunna seize Bannan

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If I could have my ST money for 20-21 back, I might well take it as I am really becoming disenchanted with the club and how  it is being run. I would not however indulge in legal action whereby the real winners are the lawyers. 

You can do it all yourself in the Small Claims Court no need to line the pockets of leech like lawyers. Its a very simple process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adepizza said:

Why not just submit a chargeback claim via your credit/debit card, if that was your method of payment??

I believe there's an expiry on doing that - eg, within x months of making the initial payment. Or that was the case when I tried to make a claim once but that was a couple of years ago so may have changed.

For anyone interested when I emailed the ticket office for a refund for the 20/21 season they replied with this:

"Thank you for your email and my apologies at the delay in getting back to you.

Thank you for your email, regarding the refund for the 2020/21 season we did communicate early in the season and throughout with each iFollow story that credits would be applied at the end of the season.  We unable currently to offer a refund on this ticket, especially at a time where we are still in the process of refunding the 2019/20 rebates."

So I have had my season ticket rolled over for one starting this season coming up in League 1 for the same price as I paid for the championship one.

They already refunded me for my 19/20 season ticket last September/October time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, prowl said:

If you are owed money the best thing is to write to the club saying you will take legal action unless it is paid within 14 days. If it isn't you can take out a small claims action which will look at the matter and decide if you are owed the money. If you are the court will find in your favour. That doesn't actually mean you will get paid but it does mean you can take action to recover the money by sending baliffs in. They have the power to seize company assets to sell to cover the amount owed and your costs.

I'm not suggesting you do this, just pointing out the proceedure as I understand it.

Yeah, be careful, they may pay you in second rate keepers.

17 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

Marro

Without the millions the club would, under normal circumstances, have taken through the sales of season tickets for the 2021/2022 season plus any monies from merchandise sales and even sponsorship Chansiri is going to find the amount he owes very hard to find.

Yes he may have picked up some decent money from the EFL (Championship bottom club winnings) or from the UK government but in reality that won’t go far. So unless he pays the players and staff plus all the outstanding bills fairly quickly then it’s goodbye DC and hello to ‘administration’

The club is a business not a charity.

If we were that short of money should have asked players to take a 20% wages cut to help with cash flow.

I was furloughed and accepted a 20% wage cut to help the company that I work for during a time of national crisis. 

I didn't get my 19/20 refund, but recently changed my request from cash to match ticket credits via the ticket office email.

But I have no reponse to my latest request as yet.

I do not want to take any form of court action agains my beloved Wednesday. Just a bit peed off with the whole status of things.

Can't wait to go back to watch a game.

13 hours ago, MattOwl34 said:

For anyone interested when I emailed the ticket office for a refund for the 20/21 season they replied with this:

"Thank you for your email and my apologies at the delay in getting back to you.

Thank you for your email, regarding the refund for the 2020/21 season we did communicate early in the season and throughout with each iFollow story that credits would be applied at the end of the season.  We unable currently to offer a refund on this ticket, especially at a time where we are still in the process of refunding the 2019/20 rebates."

So I have had my season ticket rolled over for one starting this season coming up in League 1 for the same price as I paid for the championship one.

They already refunded me for my 19/20 season ticket last September/October time.

Still refunding money from purchases two years ago, beyond comical.

19 hours ago, Marro said:

I am not a litigation lawyer but has anyone explored the possibility of bringing a class action against the Club for non refund of season tickets?

If it is possible could we and should we use this as mechanism to attempt to force administration and get DC out of the Club once and for all?

Class Action is a USA specific law. In the Uk we don’t really have the same mechanism. There is such a thing as a Group Litigation Order but it’s super complex and super expensive. Unlike the US law claimants have to ‘opt in’ to the GLO which involves agreeing to share legal costs etc. It’s very hard to do and some with lots of money would have to kick things off. The trouble is collectively the sum is large but individually the sums are small (in legal terms anyway). Best thing is small claims court. Cheap and easy to do (I’ve done it in the past and it is literally a simple form explaining what has happened). The main challenge with following that route is the court system is totally choked up at the moment after COVID seeing courts shut for ages. 
It’s the most frustrating thing ever. 

• Like 1