Class Action

I am not a litigation lawyer but has anyone explored the possibility of bringing a class action against the Club for non refund of season tickets?

If it is possible could we and should we use this as mechanism to attempt to force administration and get DC out of the Club once and for all?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marro said:

I am not a litigation lawyer but has anyone explored the possibility of bringing a class action against the Club for non refund of season tickets?

If it is possible could we and should we use this as mechanism to attempt to force administration and get DC out of the Club once and for all?

I'm getting sick of chasing. Mines been promised since just after Xmas. Maybe that's their plan, we all get sick of chasing and just give up. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marro said:

Marro

Without the millions the club would, under normal circumstances, have taken through the sales of season tickets for the 2021/2022 season plus any monies from merchandise sales and even sponsorship Chansiri is going to find the amount he owes very hard to find.

Yes he may have picked up some decent money from the EFL (Championship bottom club winnings) or from the UK government but in reality that won’t go far. So unless he pays the players and staff plus all the outstanding bills fairly quickly then it’s goodbye DC and hello to ‘administration’

10 minutes ago, Marro said:

Nor am I, but I'm guessing there is no deadline in law re refunds.

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

There must be some sort of deadline.. otherwise you could just keep saying ‘yeah I’ll pay you’ without any intention of actually doing it

38 minutes ago, Marro said:

WHAT!.

1 hour ago, Marro said:

On the flip side, if you managed to achieve this and no new owner came forward to take the club out of administration then the club would cease to exist. 

You would need cast iron guarantees someone is waiting for administration to take control and but then that can go belly up at the last minute.

A massive gamble. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

I really  don't understand why people want us to go into administration

To get rid of Clueless and give us a fresh start but it's an extremely risky strategy.

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

If you are owed money the best thing is to write to the club saying you will take legal action unless it is paid within 14 days. If it isn't you can take out a small claims action which will look at the matter and decide if you are owed the money. If you are the court will find in your favour. That doesn't actually mean you will get paid but it does mean you can take action to recover the money by sending baliffs in. They have the power to seize company assets to sell to cover the amount owed and your costs.

I'm not suggesting you do this, just pointing out the proceedure as I understand it.

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

If you are owed money the best thing is to write to the club saying you will take legal action unless it is paid within 14 days. If it isn't you can take out a small claims action which will look at the matter and decide if you are owed the money. If you are the court will find in your favour. That doesn't actually mean you will get paid but it does mean you can take action to recover the money by sending baliffs in. They have the power to seize company assets to sell to cover the amount owed and your costs.

I'm not suggesting you do this, just pointing out the proceedure as I understand it.

When he sends the bailiffs in he should give them his seat number and ask them to take it out, after all he paid for it!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, prowl said:

Not sure how much a box of playoff final t shirts will bring?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If I could have my ST money for 20-21 back, I might well take it as I am really becoming disenchanted with the club and how  it is being run. I would not however indulge in legal action whereby the real winners are the lawyers. 

I thought going down the Small Claims Court route was supposed to be relatively quick and inexpensive - I seem to recollect an earlier thread discussed the process involved ?

• Like 1