It’s looking like it’s down to us to save the club

We don't have money, or the means to get money?

For as long as we have even 1 player available to sell we have plenty money.

This is a club which has not sold a player for 2 years.  Despite all the players who have left we still have a squad of highly paid players with a value that dwarfs any income fans could hope to collate.

I've far better things to do with my money than spaff it over to our moron of an owner who has the business acumen of a gerbil, that is running a club governed by a unfit for purpose outfit like the EFL & FA. 

None of this mess is down to us lot - this guy can sort out his own mess before we start getting involved, especially given he's assured us our money makes zero difference anyway - I'd rather boil my own head.

2 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Maybe we should do something like the OP suggests, but do it through the Supporters Trust as a fighting fund to either:

1. Keep the club going
  2. Buy it out of administration
  3. Form a Phoenix club
  4. Go on a reyt good booze up!

Something similar to what I suggested over the “ community asset” issue with the trust. Something I believe is necessary.

I have been critical of the trust, but I have joined as I see it may become the only way out of this shambles.

If things go as bad as we anticipate we will be left praying for a MM but might up end of with Mamadov or S Club 7.

It would essentially be a share issue to raise the money to save the club. Would people be prepared to put in £100, or multiples thereof to save the club?

Thats the route I would be going, trying to identify people who would be prepared to make big investments, along with smaller sums from fans with a view to a fans represented on the board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Something similar to what I suggested over the “ community asset” issue with the trust. Something I believe is necessary.

I have been critical of the trust, but I have joined as I see it may become the only way out of this shambles.

If things go as bad as we anticipate we will be left praying for a MM but might up end of with Mamadov or S Club 7.

It would essentially be a share issue to raise the money to save the club. Would people be prepared to put in £100, or multiples thereof to save the club?

Thats the route I would be going, trying to identify people who would be prepared to make big investments, along with smaller sums from fans with a view to a fans represented on the board.

The shares , either current ones or new ones , have no value whatsoever, the business has hardly any assets , very little income and large liabilities/ debts. It has terrible cash flow and at its core activity- football - was the worst performing business in its sector.  At this stage buying shares is the same as gifting money to the club. Dc would always retain enough to maintain control in any case.

One of 3 outcomes is baked in now.

1.  DC sells up 

2.  DC digs in and funds the club again

3.  We eventually get put into admin by a creditor ( maybe hmrc down the line), take the pain , drop to league 2 and rebuild as Bolton / Wigan are doing.

DC in control of all of those outcomes now. 

6 hours ago, vulva said:

I don’t see any split opinion on DC. No one I speak to thinks he’s doing a good job, and no one on here supports him and his methods. The current state of the club confirms all that. 

The whole ‘pro DC’ thing is a complete myth. 

Oh no it isnt

Its absolutely real

Its 100% true

Firstly there are people on here that do still support him - I know a few, many who have been on this site for years who we all know well

Secondly there are other people away from this site (in a Facebook group I can think of) that don’t just 100% support him but who will shout you down and attack you for even suggesting he is doing anything wrong 

They funded and put up the THANK YOU CHANSIRI banner

Also on the Owlstalk Facebook page if I post any news on Chansiri messing things up AGAIN it’s met by people who suggest it’s the players who are to blame etc etc

Support for Chansiri IS real - believe me

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, vulva said:

The whole ‘pro DC’ thing is a complete myth. 

F460C780-633F-4C4F-8A0A-66697218D000.jpeg6E1E3C8C-C038-487C-BD35-C3F08D5AC7C4.jpeg

2070B9EC-C915-4EC2-B34E-66A5A5D284BA.jpeg

CC988A1A-58D4-4D1E-A60D-E20400C1848D.jpeg

37DA50EE-2A6F-413C-A9FA-A41A980221AC.jpeg

There is literally LOADS of them out there that believe everything Chansiri tells them and even worse go round like little robots repeating it to others as though it’s fact 

They think (STILL) that the EFL have stopped Chansiri spending his money (whilst at the same time defending him not spending his money on player wages or season ticket refunds)

They still trot out the ‘he gambled / you weren’t moaning when you were having your day out at Wembley’ etc - despite that being nearly six years ago and despite the incredible decline of our club and the threat to its very existence 

They will blame the players (who hadn’t been getting paid and who’s management team and coaching ideas were changing every other month)

Basically there is a whole swathe of our fanbase who take snippets of what this Chairman says, turn it into some kind of gospel definitive thing without any kind of checks on if it’s true, and run with that forever regardless of anything else that happens

Oh yeah and the ‘he has put his own money in’ crew who fail to understand that it’s been horrific spending but also that spaffing your OWN cash isn’t a very clever, successful or noble thing to do if it’s done the ways it’s been done here so whether it’s your cash or you borrowed it off the bank it’s still been flushed down the toilet 

But yeah the pro Chansiri thing is NOT a myth / you can still find our fans trotting out these cliches to anyone who will still listen to them 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

Agree with that @Owlstalk,  also agree with the OP in the sense that it may be possible to raise "fan money" in order to set things right, but...

This "fan money" should only be applied, if indeed it can be generated,  post-Chansiri because he couldn't RUN, off the end of a pier,  much less could he run any English Football Club, never mind one as big as SWFC.  

I think Chansiri was in it for the money, but only a fool would think that such an investment is as secure as bonds or gold, it's a crapshoot, nay, a crapshoot offers better odds.

So what's my solution?  I'll just keep on supporting SWFC.  That's all I can do.

12 hours ago, goldensmoke said:

If what we are led to believe is true about the club’s current plight, then we must make a contingency as fans to stave off the folding of SWFC.

We seem to be sleep walking, apathetically, to oblivion. We can’t attend games, we can’t come together as a crowd to protest or make our feelings known; we somehow don’t seem to have a vibrant collective will to do something, to take any action. It’s almost as though some of us are  so fed up of and beaten by Wednesday and the characters who have played this thing out, that they can’t care anymore. 

When we see on Sky Sports News that Sheffield Wednesday are being wound up, will not start the League One season, imagine how that will feel.

When Hillsborough starts being demolished for a new Supermarket to be built. It would be unbearable.

if there is no income foreseeable to come in to solve the current problems, which it seems to be, the only answer is for us as fans to take the decision to stop the immediate existential threats to our club.

We can’t buy the club. But we can raise money to stave off the threat of extinction. If enough people have the will and the means to create a fund big enough to alleviate the immediate and short term issues that are happening right now, we can stop these real threats that are here at this exact moment. 
If we owe circa £12m in wages etc alone then the assumption would be with other likely problems happening that maybe north of £25-30 Million might be needed in the short term. 
How does anyone raise this  sort of capital?

10,000 supporters who can donate £1500 now is

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £250.00 per month for 6 months, 

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £125.00 per month for 12 months

£15 Million

Another option where supporters can commit whatever they feel they can, however small and however often, to the fighting fund.

£ Who knows how much? £3Million?

Whats in it for those who donate? 
Knowing that you saved Sheffield Wednesday when it needed saving. It’s our club. Maybe only we can save it. 
If we as an organised movement continue to raise funds and continue providing a safeguard against existential threats, eventually funds could be put towards fan engagement and creating a much better fan experience when coming to watch Wednesday. I’m talking about fan parks or fan zones in the vicinity of the ground. Securing Hillsborough Park for a fanzone or securing it for Wednesday fans to have before and after match time. A bit like the tailgate parties at US sporting events. 
If the club won’t engage and give us what we want and need, we should create the match day.

For now though the funds raised would be controlled and organised on the understanding that they specifically stave off threats to our club. The chairman does not spend it, its our donation for the good of the club.

I know we are a working class city, I know people want season ticket refunds, but the club seems to have no money.

When the club has gone would you pay £250.00 a month to bring going to the match at Sheffield Wednesday back? 

I would.

If anyone wants to pick this up and run with it, I’ll be the first to donate.

Tell me which planet your currently residing on and I will come and share whatever your smoking.

• Like 1

I estimate you’ve a 2% chance of getting enough fans with enough money and enough commitment and enough organisation to pull off a purchase of the club from DC.

I estimate you’ve a 0% chance of getting any fans to hand cash to the club while it’s DC that would spend it.

Edited by Holmowl

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh no it isnt

Its absolutely real

Its 100% true

Firstly there are people on here that do still support him - I know a few, many who have been on this site for years who we all know well

Secondly there are other people away from this site (in a Facebook group I can think of) that don’t just 100% support him but who will shout you down and attack you for even suggesting he is doing anything wrong 

They funded and put up the THANK YOU CHANSIRI banner

Also on the Owlstalk Facebook page if I post any news on Chansiri messing things up AGAIN it’s met by people who suggest it’s the players who are to blame etc etc

Support for Chansiri IS real - believe me

I didn’t believe there was such a thing as a ‘Chansiri supporter’ left but I did some research and yes indeed, they are out there! To be fair in the internet age there are always a percentage of people who believe the most unlikely of things. Some people believe the world is being taken over by Reptilian shape shifting vampires, 1 in 20 people think COVID is entirely made up, 40% of Americans don’t believe in evolution...
I am in no way suggestion supporting Chansiri after everything that has happened is as mad as believing in the lizard Illuminati. But it’s pretty close... 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I didn’t believe there was such a thing as a ‘Chansiri supporter’ left but I did some research and yes indeed, they are out there! To be fair in the internet age there are always a percentage of people who believe the most unlikely of things. Some people believe the world is being taken over by Reptilian shape shifting vampires, 1 in 20 people think COVID is entirely made up, 40% of Americans don’t believe in evolution...
I am in no way suggestion supporting Chansiri after everything that has happened is as mad as believing in the lizard Illuminati. But it’s pretty close... 

The weirdest thing is you couldn’t find a single fan of any other club who would tell you Chansiri is doing a good job and it’s not his fault that things have gone badly wrong 

Nor would you find a single ex player, ex manager, commentator, journalist or pundit in the game who would back Chansiri now 

But yet 

For some WEIRD reason a few (and getting less and less every week as they finally realise) of our supporters still want to try and tell you that Chansiri isn’t to blame for any of it and that it’s not his fault 

So so weird 

Am sure a psychologist would tell us there’s a condition that is causing this 

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The weirdest thing is you couldn’t find a single fan of any other club who would tell you Chansiri is doing a good job and it’s not his fault that things have gone badly wrong 

Nor would you find a single ex player, ex manager, commentator, journalist or pundit in the game who would back Chansiri now 

But yet 

For some WEIRD reason a few (and getting less and less every week as they finally realise) of our supporters still want to try and tell you that Chansiri isn’t to blame for any of it and that it’s not his fault 

So so weird 

I do think some people will always swim against the tide just for the Devilment. But there are people out there who genuinely think that Chansiri has been a good chairman. Despite the very very obvious evidence to the contrary (evidence such as us being demoted, at the bottom of the Championship)...

Each to their own I guess. I’ve even heard some people eat battered fish with Curry Sauce. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, goldensmoke said:

If what we are led to believe is true about the club’s current plight, then we must make a contingency as fans to stave off the folding of SWFC.

We seem to be sleep walking, apathetically, to oblivion. We can’t attend games, we can’t come together as a crowd to protest or make our feelings known; we somehow don’t seem to have a vibrant collective will to do something, to take any action. It’s almost as though some of us are  so fed up of and beaten by Wednesday and the characters who have played this thing out, that they can’t care anymore. 

When we see on Sky Sports News that Sheffield Wednesday are being wound up, will not start the League One season, imagine how that will feel.

When Hillsborough starts being demolished for a new Supermarket to be built. It would be unbearable.

if there is no income foreseeable to come in to solve the current problems, which it seems to be, the only answer is for us as fans to take the decision to stop the immediate existential threats to our club.

We can’t buy the club. But we can raise money to stave off the threat of extinction. If enough people have the will and the means to create a fund big enough to alleviate the immediate and short term issues that are happening right now, we can stop these real threats that are here at this exact moment. 
If we owe circa £12m in wages etc alone then the assumption would be with other likely problems happening that maybe north of £25-30 Million might be needed in the short term. 
How does anyone raise this  sort of capital?

10,000 supporters who can donate £1500 now is

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £250.00 per month for 6 months, 

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £125.00 per month for 12 months

£15 Million

Another option where supporters can commit whatever they feel they can, however small and however often, to the fighting fund.

£ Who knows how much? £3Million?

Whats in it for those who donate? 
Knowing that you saved Sheffield Wednesday when it needed saving. It’s our club. Maybe only we can save it. 
If we as an organised movement continue to raise funds and continue providing a safeguard against existential threats, eventually funds could be put towards fan engagement and creating a much better fan experience when coming to watch Wednesday. I’m talking about fan parks or fan zones in the vicinity of the ground. Securing Hillsborough Park for a fanzone or securing it for Wednesday fans to have before and after match time. A bit like the tailgate parties at US sporting events. 
If the club won’t engage and give us what we want and need, we should create the match day.

For now though the funds raised would be controlled and organised on the understanding that they specifically stave off threats to our club. The chairman does not spend it, its our donation for the good of the club.

I know we are a working class city, I know people want season ticket refunds, but the club seems to have no money.

When the club has gone would you pay £250.00 a month to bring going to the match at Sheffield Wednesday back? 

I would.

If anyone wants to pick this up and run with it, I’ll be the first to donate.

Grow up. 

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But yet 

So so weird 

It is a form of Stockholm Syndrome, Wednesday fans have developed a psychological bond with their football captor Chansiri.

9 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

Grow up. 

What, because I’m a child for caring about the fact my football club is about to not exist?

Do you not realise that if the people left in this world who still support Sheffield Wednesday don’t want to do anything about this all ending then nobody else will.

So come on, what’s your answer to get us out of this? 

Sit there and whinge?

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, goldensmoke said:

What, because I’m a child for caring about the fact my football club is about to not exist?

Do you not realise that if the people left in this world who still support Sheffield Wednesday don’t want to do anything about this all ending then nobody else will.

So come on, what’s your answer to get us out of this? 

Sit there and whinge?

I don't have an answer to the issues. Its something we have in common.